modified 2AA maglight to 1AA maglight, completely turned down

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got my mini lathe to work with metal. ( I bought it for woodworking )
I took a few maglites I had around and modified them. The silver color ones are going to go out and be anodized. The raw aluminum is just too soft.

Comments? Suggestions?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The red is just 1 AA battery, maglite solitare bulb. The blue is a single CR2 battery, standard maglite 2AA bulb. The aluminum ones are set for a single AA battery

cavanaug

Newly Enlightened
Cool work...

Which woodworking mini-lathe did you use?? Im a bit of a woodworker also, but havent purchased a lathe, but have been thinking about it.

How do you cut the metal with the lathe, Im familar with the standard woodworking chisels for lathe work, but I imagine you need something different for metal right??

--
John

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased an Enco 7x10 mini lathe used . This is really a metal lathe, model 110-0800. There is a full carriage that carries the tools. I can remove this and use the lathe for wood cutting. It is small, sits on a bench. Most of my woodworking is what I would call craft, small stuff.

I had to bore out the chuck so the mag-lite would fit inside. Best bet - check out mini lathes on the internet.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
missionaryman said:
I like the very 1st one on the left - it looks really cool, like it has a brushed finish - that with a body to match would look great.

DO you mean the whole light smooth ? No groves ?

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
will said:
I finally got my mini lathe to work with metal. ( I bought it for woodworking )
I took a few maglites I had around and modified them. The silver color ones are going to go out and be anodized. The raw aluminum is just too soft.

Comments? Suggestions?

MMMMMMMM nice work
goodjob.gif
sold.gif
paypal.gif

..............how about the 2 tone `splash`anodising
smile.gif

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are out for marbled anodize. I plan on doing a few more, trying to find a design that works and is different