• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired completly custom KL1 price drop - $75!!!!

trivergata

Enlightened
$75 shipped for this cool one-of-a-kind KL1 - I'm funding a HID project, so I need to thin the stock a bit.

Josh
-Original post-

Ok, it's up for sale, the camo KL1 from my anodizing thread, built out with a BBNG500 and E-can. This will work in all Surefire E-series bodies.

The finish is not perfect, the head was rough when I got it, so I cleaned it up before I anodized it, and the anodizing got a tiny bit of moisture behind the lense which clouds it a bit when it heats up, but doesn't affect the beam. However it is a one-of-a-kind, for sure.

Here's the head:

kl122gn.jpg

And the front:

The tail:

And the inside:

Beam shot next to my HDS U60 on high:

If the buyer wants to provide the body to be anodized, I'll do it for $25.

Josh

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: completly custom KL1

It was anodized as a complete unit? As in not striped down?

Mac

trivergata

Enlightened

I was unable to get the heatsync and LED out, so we just masked it. It kept everything out till the rinse, when a bit of distiled water got in.

Josh

trivergata

Enlightened

No takers? I thought this would go quick, between the upgraded converter board and the custom finish.

Oh well :awman:

Josh

Pila_Power

Enlightened

I think they dunk it in hot/boiling water after anodising to seal the pores or something.... maybe that had something to do with it...

Anyway, I can't wait to see the result of the rest of the special anodising - guys I recommend getting a body done like this head - it will be a one-of-a-kind as the process is difficult to exactly replicate!! :)