Flashlight photos needed!!

metalhed

Enlightened
I'm in the process of adding a 'Flashlight Photo of the Week' to my site's homepage, as well as a photography archive page so that folks can browse through the collection. I'm not looking for any exclusive rights to the submitted photos, just permission to reprint them on my site.

Ideally, I'm looking for artistic photos of flashlights and outdoor beamshots. This part of the site isn't intended to be for the purpose of product comparisons, but rather as a central location for some of the prettier (i. e. more artistic) work out there.

Now I know that some of you are excellent photographers, as I've seen some of the great shots you've taken, right here on CPF. And I hope the idea of a little additional exposure for your work sounds good to you.

I've set up an e-mail address especially for photo submissions at [email protected] .

I ask interested members to submit one or two 'best examples' from your collections. I'm not yet set up to catalogue thousands (or even hundreds) of pictures...instead I'm looking for the 'Best of the Best', so to speak.

Ideally, photos will be sized at 560 x 560 or less, so that they will fit comfortably on one of my pages. I will need to also create thumbnails for the submitted photos for addition to the gallery and home page. If your artistic side demands complete control of your work, you're welcome to submit a thumb with your photo. If you submit a photo larger than 560 x 560, or without a thumbnail, I will re-size the photos to the best of my ability.

At this point I'm too broke to pay anything, but I will give full credit for the photos submitted...and if I ever start to make a profit, I'll come up with some kind of small token prize for the featured photographers. Like I said not right now, but eventually...hopefully.

What do you think? Sound like a plan? Anybody interested?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
all photos at GatLight.com are 560 pixels wide... If you go to this link here below. I think the GatLight is probably one of the more artsy lights out there :)
http://www.gatlight.com/Competition.htm
Just pick the photographer (cpf name) and you see the photos. Feel free to hotlink the photos to save on bandwith.

By the way love you site. I use it as a gateway to the flashlight forums and to catch up on flashlight related news. If you would exten the honor to us to list us (www.lumencraft.net) on the left under manufacturer that would be awsome.

multigbg.jpg

Photo was taken by Stillphoto - so far my favorite shot of the GatLight V2

metalhed

Enlightened
mobile1 -- Thanks for the submissions...I'm not trying to compete with any other sites on this, but I just think some of these (flashlight-related) photos are gourgeous.

I will add your site to my master list (I think I missed it previously) and see what I can do about a front page listing. I'm still tweaking my front page layout and am not sure how much space I will have for business listings on that page. I do offer some limited advertising options on my site...hint, hint. You can read about them on my FlashlightNews Ads page if you're interested.

Come on, let's see some more photos...I know ya'all take better picture than I do. :green:

metalhed

Enlightened
Just a bumpski...:bump:

I'm still very interested in posting artistic flashlight photographs to my website. I know the 'photos' page needs some tweaking, but it would be nice to have a few more photos to work with when I do the page maintenance on it. :)

Thanks