TiddlyWiki - Kinda Neat.

db

Newly Enlightened
I thought I recalled seeing a thread about favorite software. I can't find it now.

Anyway... I ran across TiddlyWiki the other day.
Neat concept.

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

From their Hello Page:
Welcome to TiddlyWiki, a free MicroContent WikiWikiWeb created by JeremyRuston and a busy Community of independent developers. It's written in HTML, CSS and JavaScript to run on any modern browser without needing any ServerSide logic. It allows anyone to create personal SelfContained hypertext documents that can be posted to a WebServer, sent by email or kept on a USB thumb drive to make a WikiOnAStick. It also makes a great GuerillaWiki. This is revision 2.0.10 of TiddlyWiki, and is published under an OpenSourceLicense.
Pretty cool that there is all that going on in a single file that is portable.

I guess that since the primary purpose of a wiki is to share information, keeping it local kinda defeats the purpose.

It could make a handy portable notepad. Easily editable and searchable and application independent.

If nothing else, it's a good exposure to a wiki and how they work which can be run locally without having to install anything.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for posting about TiddlyWiki. It seems like a very clever idea....and it seems to be very well implemented. It's amazing what you can do with just HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. There seems to be a great online community as well. I just posted a message, and got two replies within three minutes!