My first Surefire

batman

Enlightened
hey everyone. After weeks of reading this forum and others, i've finally decided to purchase a Surefire. I went over to optics HQ and ordered the A2 Aviator...UPS Ground shipment,along with 12 surefire batts. It's the first time I've ever spent substantial money for a flashlight. Well, actually as a kid at about 11 years old I had almost every size maglite I could get my hands on and have a lot of fun boyhood memories with them (that 8-11 age when you think you're really a navy seal). Caves, camping, biking, generally getting in trouble, etc..
Years passed and I rarely ever gave flashlights even a passing enthusiasm until receiving the brinkman maxfire as a birthday present. A voice in my head went, "It has begun" and I'm already contemplating what light I want to finish up the total package. Anyways, to end this rant I will conclude that when my A2 arrives i will be up all night with it in the front yard waiting for my pesky moles to act up so I can exterminate them by use of shovel/hoe. I will report on that later.

Illum

Flashaholic
Hello batman

GOOD CHOICE,

A2 have been consistently famous in this forum.
ask around, you won't regret this buy, unless of course the beam is a donut...but Surefire has lifetime warranty, so just send it back if you find flaws in the design and they'll send you a new one

Enjoy!

carrot

Flashaholic
Illum_the_nation said:
GOOD CHOICE,

A2 have been consistently famous in this forum.
ask around, you won't regret this buy, unless of course the beam is a donut...but Surefire has lifetime warranty, so just send it back if you find flaws in the design and they'll send you a new one
There is no such thing as a donut with the A2. Donuts occur only in their LuxV lights.

You made the Right Choice™, batman. With the A2, you may never need to buy another light... but you will anyway.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's the problem with the A2 - it serves so many needs that it makes it so that you have to buy more lights just for the heck of it..

batman

Enlightened
I went with the white LEDs because that seems to be the LED color with the most over-all utility, albeit a little harder on night vision.

ront

Newly Enlightened
I think you will be really happy with your purchase batman. I have had an A2 for about one week now and it is an awesome light. I just love the versatility of this light. It is a keeper for sure. OpticsHQ is a great place to deal with also.
Please report back on this light. I am sure you will love it as I do.

Ron

batman

Enlightened
Hey ront, I sure will. Question: I also have a brinkman maxfire LX and look forward to comparing the 2 lights when the Aviator comes in the mail. Does your Brinkman maxfire out throw your A-2?

batman

Enlightened
i look forward to beam tests since i now have 2 maxfires. Is it true that you can remove the incan light from the A-2 and the LEDs still work - and vise versa?

cabojoe

Newly Enlightened
I know that you can take the bulb out and the LED's will light, 'cause I just did it. Great choice batman, it's the one I reach for most of the time.