AA Maglight conversion with 6 volt battery

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I took the three N cells out of my AA Maglight and replaced it with an Energizer A544 (6 volt) battery. I just used a longer spring with a long bolt screwed into it to make up for the difference in battery length. With the 3 N cells it was drawing between 50 and 60mA. Now with the new battery it's at about 75 to 80mA. A little brighter but probably harder on the LED. I use an all white plastic reflector in this light instead of the drilled out normal one I use in my other AA Maglights. The other lights focus but have some rings. The white reflector has no rings but doesn't focus. It just gives off a nice even soft white light good for walking around at night. I'm not sure where to get more of the white reflectors though. It came with a light I bought on E-bay that was a Maglight to LED conversion. It only had a 1100mcd white in it so I swapped it out for a 5600 white. Works great now. One of my favorites.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That might work. or maybe model airplane paint. The sanding probably would be necessary to get it to stick.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Here are some pics of the flashlight.

View

View

View

View

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a picture of the light output at 10'.
The white reflector really makes a nice smooth light.

View

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent pix, Brad
-Question, does the solitaire u
have pictured have a reflector in it?
When I get a decent camera, I'll
post some similar homebuilt conversions..(about 15 so far &
still going....)
I think one of these days this
flashaholism is gonna mandate
that I get into a good 12-STEP
program!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

thebatteryman

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This light has a white plastic reflector. My other AA Maglights use a drilled out normal Maglight reflector. No focus with the white reflector but a nicer looking light output. No rings.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, after finding out that the N cells have a mAH rating of 1000 and the 6 volt A544 has only 150. I changed back to the 3 N cells in my AA Maglight. Longer batter life should be worth it. The A23 12 volt I use in some of my other lights is rated at only 40 mAH. I will have to see how long these batteries last with regular use.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Solitiares don't have any reflector. The AA Mag and small Brinkman do.