Ultrafire 9watt LUXEON LED Flashlight Torch

Mr_Light

Enlightened
Hadn't seen this one mentioned so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrafire-9watt-9-watt-LUXEON-LED-Flashlight-Torch-8-Bk_W0QQitemZ8812828464QQcategoryZ16037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Water Resistant
Shock Resistant - Hard anodized finish for extreme corrosion impact
Made by High Quality CNC aluminum
100% Brand New
Over 90 Lumens
Size: Length 9cm, Diameter 3cm
Use 2 x CR123A batteries (2 x Panasonic CR123A included)
Holster included

If anyone orders one please let us know what you think.

thefish

Enlightened
Last edited:

FirstDsent

Enlightened
If the pictures are accurate, the emitter is CLEARLY not a Luxeon, or even a counterfeit of a Luxeon like the "Golston". It is something else. That means one of three things: it could be crap, it could be average, or it could be awesome. Most people never think of the latter. I have said for a long time; the next killer LED is unlikely to be a Lumileds product, and may even come from nowhere. We will see.

Bernie

d1337

Enlightened
For me it's hard to trust a seller who:
1) Claims something is what it is not
2) Charges much more for the shipping than they do for the product (around $25 US)

But maybe I'm just a curmugoen.

Mr_Light said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrafire-9watt-9-watt-LUXEON-LED-Flashlight-Torch-8-Bk_W0QQitemZ8812828464QQcategoryZ16037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Water Resistant
100% Brand New
Over 90 Lumens
Holster included

90 lumens per 9 watts is a mediocre efficacy. The Luxeon III is rated at typical of 80 lumens at typical of 3.9 watts (The typical Vf given for Lux III white is 3.9v when If=1A). Look at all the superlatives :lolsign:

Last edited:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
d1337 said:
For me it's hard to trust a seller who:
1) Claims something is what it is not

2) Charges much more for the shipping than they do for the product (around $25 US) **

But maybe I'm just a curmugoen.

**Almost everybody selling flashlights on ebay does that. I think that's so that if they have to give you a refund for a crappy product all they have to cough up is the .99c to $2 they charged you for the light. They get to keep the $30 they charged you for shipping. I'll never understand why ebay lets them get away withthat crap.

NeedMoreLight

Newly Enlightened
bullinchinashop said:
**Almost everybody selling flashlights on ebay does that. I think that's so that if they have to give you a refund for a crappy product all they have to cough up is the .99c to $2 they charged you for the light. They get to keep the $30 they charged you for shipping. I'll never understand why ebay lets them get away withthat crap.

Also, if they charge a low, low price for the item, they pay very little in ebay fees. There profit is made on the shipping instead.

chanamasala

Enlightened
thefish said:
The only difference I think is the color... I can say it is in fact brighter than the Golston 7W... the same place I found that light I also found a 10W LED light... see my thread called 10W Golston LED

Is it a thrower like the Golston or does it have more/better spillbeam?

thefish

Enlightened
chanamasala said:
Is it a thrower like the Golston or does it have more/better spillbeam?

A good thrower just like the Golston 7W... also after trying the so called "Waterproof 10W LED" I can't at the moment recommend it as it seams to be dimmer than my Q3 not to mention the Golston 7W and the Ultrafire 9W.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I would be interested to find out how many watts the light actually consumes- and how the consumption is divied up- is it 4W LED and 5W in a resistor? maybe worse- maybe better- ...

I think these lights may have some potencial for a good upgrade- buy one, remove the resistor, and put in a regulator instead... just a thought...

chanamasala

Enlightened
I received this the other day. I like it better than the "Golston" 7 watt Super Bright. The UltraFire is whiter, has a tighter spot, seemingly more throw, and is more pocketable. I don't know the runtime differences, but if I had to chose between them, I'd get the UltraFire.

nerdtoy

Newly Enlightened
For the record, that is NOT ME..
I am hktacticalequipment and the business name is H&K Technologies LLC
I was wondering when I changed my ebay name who has hk(name)

Looks to be junk IMO.

Mr_Light said:

Water Resistant
100% Brand New
Over 90 Lumens
Holster included

Latest posts