Every-Day-Carries w/ Pocket Clip

sbdave

Newly Enlightened
I currently own an HDS with Arc 4+ clip and absolutely LOVE it. I can imagine a more perfect light for me.

I was looking to get another similar light, but have had a hard time finding something similar.

Im looking for an EveryDayCarry light about the size of the HDS, with a clip that allows the light to ride low in pocket. The McLux III PD looks pretty much perfect. Any other ones similar in size and output?

Thanks for the help!!!

Tremendo

Enlightened
I am biased, since I'm still on my FireFly high. The FF3, smaller than the HDS, many brightness levels, great light. I wonder what clip options are out there for it? Maybe something that would work for you?

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Q3. I took the clip off and bent it closer to the body to make it tighter. You really need to do this to make the clip effective.

sbdave

Newly Enlightened
Tremendo said:
I am biased, since I'm still on my FireFly high. The FF3, smaller than the HDS, many brightness levels, great light. I wonder what clip options are out there for it? Maybe something that would work for you?

I have a FF2, but realy havent found any clip options that work.

As for the q3, it is great little light for the money, but i really didnt like the clip at all. Doesnt sit low enough in the pocket.

Any others.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Q3 clip is really a formaility that had to be covered so that no one would whine about the bulleted "Pocket clip" in the advertising.

Anyone tried the clip from a Gerber Ultra on the firefly?

The dearth of decent pocket clip lights is apparently on account of the greater complexity of adding one (compared to knives) to a round light. Mr. Bulk has clips for some lights but I found the clip for the lionheart to be mediocre in function and to generally detract from it's styling. I can't say anything about the Chameleon clip but I don't care to much for the way it looks.

The longer clip from surefire works well.

I really have heard alot of good things about the McGizmo clip and I hope that it lives up to it's reputation. I've got the dough embezzled into my paypal account for a McluxIII Ti-PD and would hate to loose such a pricey light , that is if I'm one of the lucky 750 people who get to purchase one when they are made available. Either way, it seems that Don is carving out the niche of practical, reliable , indestructible and he seems very fond of titanium , so I'd be surprised if future runs don't happen. Now or later, the McluxIII Ti-PD will be mine......

Last edited:

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PD is the first light that I could carry comfortably with a clip. Until the PD, I used small holsters...but don't care for them. I liked the PD clip so much, I made a body for my Lion Cub that would accommodate it. It's been coined "Franken Cub".

IMG_1847_2.jpg

IMG_1854_2.jpg

sbdave

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a McluxIII PD, and cant wait to get it. Would love a McluxIII-ti pd, but not sure i can afford that once it comes out. We'll see.

But still looking for something similar for cheaper. I know I'll love the McLux, and I certainly love my HDS, but it would be nice to find a similar light for cheaper that I can recommend to friends, and keep as a backup.

Thought i saw a fair size Fenix light with a clip.

P.s. Franken Cub looks pretty sweet.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello sbdave:)

Only a thought.
Take a Fenix and build your own clip. It's easy from a 2mm titanium or stainless steel plate.

Best regards

_____
Tom