what would ya do if ya had time machine

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well at first id go back in time and make mom quit smokeing then id go back and hug chris farley and bring him to rehab .he was such a great person and so funny.id also go back and hug gia the model who died the movie made it seem that she needed a freind and a hug

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were altruistic, I'd (in decreasing order of priority):

- go visit Rober E. Lee just before Lincoln offered him the leadership of the Union armies and try to convince Lee to accept that offer instead of the one he took (I'd leave a Fenix L1P with him with a lithium battery so maybe he'd believe me).

- try to warn the Navy on Dec. 6, 1941

- tell Nixon to wear makeup before his debate with Kennedy

- failing that, try to prevent Kennedy's assassination

- can't think of how I could have legally prevented 9/11. Any warnings would have just made the terrorists go underground and only postpone things. With the pre 9/11 attitudes, there's no way we would have locked those guys up for just having boxcutters. I'd have to try taking them out myself...

- maybe try to warn that anti-Taliban leader the Taliban assassinated on the same day as 9/11 - just to help out a little

If I wasn't altruistic, I'd probably go get a sports almanac like cheapo...

-

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if showing up with an armfull of post-911 newspapers, magazines and tapes from CNN and other news programs you could convince the FBI to put a couple of agents on each plane. Of course you would end up in custody for a long time either way.

Which would put a damper on the second part of the plan: buying a winning lottery ticket.

Perhaps predicting a couple of winning lottery numbers would convince the FBI you are from the future. Then they would do something about the highjackers.

Greg

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd only use it for sightseeing, and try as hard as possible not to change anything. No matter how horrible the event was, you have no idea what the world would be like without it. For instance, preventing the attacks on Pearl Harbor might lead to the US entering the war later, letting Hitler overrun more of Europe and develop the atom bomb, and Japan invade Australia.

I'm content with catching some Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, and Janis Joplin shows, maybe take a Zepplin ride, watch steam-powered industry in action, go to before 1934 and buy a machine gun. :)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
These questions by themselves prove that time travel (at least backwards) is impossible, by the simple fact that nothing is "different". JKF is still dead, and you haven't won the lottery. You don't have to worry about "changing" the past, because as far as we know, everything possible in the past has already happened. QED. Throw away your copy of "Back to the Future" and buy "12 Monkeys".

That said, I'd go back to December 10th 1973 to the Roxy and see Frank Zappa and the Mothers.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
win the lottery(ies) then give out 50% of what i have earn from that to charity the 50% i will keep it :) buy 10 of the l1+ and sell them now for 150 each. destroy the world(not)

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Set the "Way-back" machine to 1865 and tell my Great-Great-Grandmother that that black stuff bubbling out of the ground on the south forty of her Louisianna farm was worth something.

Oh, yes; set it back 60 years and take another shot at the Light twins, MaryJo and Peg. Oh,yeah!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would do the sight seeing thing. I would go back to the start of time forwards. Then to teh future too.

Its theory that if anytime in our life time travel was invented, we would know instantly. So, we can conclude we cant go bacj in time.

Illum

Flashaholic
Go back with Lumiled technology and slice up eveready's company by giving the consumer better education on personal lights...

Find myself in the past and tell "him" not to eat so much...

Find the girl I love now and have some childhood memories with her...So I can be successful dating her now...

Go back to the evening of july 13, 1987 and convince my doctor I was the second one out...I hate being the big brother...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
for those who dont belive time travel is posable i hate to tell ya this but im from 2021 me and my dog with his laser gun disagree with ya so blah to ya

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go back to high school, make a couple of apologies, kick one coaches *** and get to know a couple of young ladies a lot better.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I would go back to the day before I started to travel through time to tell myself not to go timetraveling and then take a bunch of flashlights and go back to the dark ages, freak out a lot of people with my lights. Ofcourse they will think I'm evil and burn me at the stake, but thats ok, I had my fun and my future self knows not to go back in time So I'll be ok in the present anyway :)