my tritium fell out!!!!

s.duff

Enlightened
i was holding my raw ns today and the tritium tube fell out. what can i use to bond it back to the metal body? i want to make sure that whatever glue i use is not too caustic that it eats through the tube, but will bond to the metal body. will krazy glue work? anyone have any advice? thanks

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Gorilla Glue expands quite a bit. I would experiment with something else before I tried it on the Orb.

I would wait and see what Orb has to say on the matter.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orb use Bondmaster Epoxy made by ICI. I know this because when I ordered a spare vial he sent me a little packet of the stuff to go with it. Never had a problem with mine falling out even when it's been in the ultrasonic cleaner a few times but when it's that small, made of glass and you can only glue one side I guess you can't get it perfect every time...

s.duff

Enlightened
just got the word from orb that either krazy glue or a two part epoxy will work fine. orb offered to send a bottle of the epoxy, but i'll just pick some up. great customer service gesture on his part!

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Sduff:)

Really important is to clean the tritium and the glueplace on the light with alcohol.
There must be no oil or fingerprint.

Best regards

____
Tom

dan_

Newly Enlightened
I used epoxy as well- not b/c it fell out but my trit cracked.
I used the tip of a needle to put epoxy around the trit and actually filled the whole gap with it. Now it's protected against damage, can't fall out - and the best - the epoxy is totally transparent. You can't even tell that the trit is behind a layer of epoxy.