X5 saves the show

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
I had quite an experience last night. I was at the annual Relay For Life, a benefit for cancer survivors, and to help with research. There was a performance scheduled where there would be a group of people singing. Well, all is well up until about 5 seconds before they are about to sing....all of a sudden pitch black....i thought it was part of the performance so I didn't turn the light on, but about 30 seconds later, everyone had their cell phones out trying to light up the stage. I handed one of the girls the X5 and with the light from behind, they were all able to read their parts...(and partially blind the audience :lolsign: ) I also had a gladius with me...which helped with getting the generator up and running again(does anyone know generators need FUEL to run?) anyway, just thought i would share
Take care~ Tyler

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job, it is a very good cause, I participated it it in our area for my wife. Its amazing how you see things like this all your life, like those little quarter cards at reseraunts near the register, but until you know someone close to you with it, it is easy to ignore and pass by. Now I put what I can when I can knowing that there are those less fortunate than us without medical etc. and that research is critical.

maverick

Enlightened
I reckon it must be every flashaholic's dream to have the chance to "save the day" like that. Still waiting for my chance though.... :(

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTG . Any flashaholic who's ever been questioned about EDC ing a nice light can relate to this story!!:goodjob:

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
I really enjoy doing these events. My friends and I have done this local one for the past 3 years. Last year we camped out...and I thought someone would bring a flashlight or 2...so I only had an X1 and some cheap headlamp...this year we were a little more prepared...2 RR lanterns, X5, Gladii(2 of them, not sure why...better question is why not) mag85 with 4 spare sets of batteries, and a lightforce sl240 for setting up the tent. Got a bit cold last night, but it was well worth it. I defiantly encourage everyone to participate in these events. ~ Tyler

Illum

Flashaholic
darkhanger18 said:
(does anyone know generators need FUEL to run?)
Take care~ Tyler

Done that before...changed the oil out of a lawnmower, forgot to fuel the tank, spent half an hour dissembling the sparkplug and the carburator thinking that something is stuck in the fuel line [since the lawn mower ran dry on the previous mow and I didnt add gas, of course the fuel line was dry...lol

Anyway, I didnt know X5 can give out that much light tho...how big was the stage?

If you pulled a xenon or a luxeon...the audience would be partially blinded...they would've been permanently blinded, sitting in the dark with their pupils dilated..