Fenix P1 and Rechargeables?

kbrd

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell from the released specs if the Fenix P1 will work with protected rechargeable batteries?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right from the Fenix website:

Note:
The input voltage of Fenix P1 is 0.9V¡«4.0V. Therefore 3.7V protected rechargeable Li-ion battery can be used for Fenix P1. Brightness can reach 75 lumens but we don't condone the use of these types of batteries and won't take responsibility for the potential risk involved.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'm wondering. It might handle the voltage, but fitting is another thing.

L

LITEmania

CR123 fits and rattles inside until fully locked.

AW's R123 fits and rattles inside until fully locked.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
john2551 said:
Right from the Fenix website:

Note:
The input voltage of Fenix P1 is 0.9V¡«4.0V. Therefore 3.7V protected rechargeable Li-ion battery can be used for Fenix P1. Brightness can reach 75 lumens but we don't condone the use of these types of batteries and won't take responsibility for the potential risk involved.

So does this mean yes, or beware? I'm too newbish to read into this language properly. Don't want that thing exploding in my hand.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
cyberhobo said:
Anyone get their P1 yet from Fenix Store? Was charmed with May 8th date...

Also still waiting..email from John stated that they had been delayed again by Fenix for some "last minute" stuff...hope it was worth the 2 month wait lol

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
Yea the 2 month wait stinks...and black was not offered at first.....

Straight off the website, it says the Rcr123 will work...but very good possiblity it will shorten the led lifes...but 75 lumen and something that small is kinda call...little smaller than the T3.

I can't wait but looks like ti will be friday or monday before we get them in....

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got them in stock!

I'm using AW's protected rcr123's and they work great! The fit just fine.
The foam donut keeps it from rattling even when off. The li-ion
make the P1 put out 2-3x more light!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a chance to run a P1 on a 123 primary for awhile yet? I'm hoping it is intended to be L1Pish without getting scorching hot. Using a R123 to get a pocket rocket would be a nice option.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I got my shipping notification e-mail today on the P1.

I ordered a FFIII too, which kind of rechargable comes with that light and will work with that charger? Where do I get more of them to use in the P1?

Thanks.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn said:
Got a chance to run a P1 on a 123 primary for awhile yet? I'm hoping it is intended to be L1Pish without getting scorching hot. Using a R123 to get a pocket rocket would be a nice option.

Another problem is I don't have a new cr123 laying around. I'll have to go
and get a few.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
Another problem is I don't have a new cr123 laying around. I'll have to go
and get a few.
Hey 4sevens,
I'm sure you're probably aware of this but a cheap bulk purchase option for (cr123) batteries can be found on eBay. I recently purchased 10 CR123s from eBay seller ipod.king (see Item number:7620673700 as an example). I got 10 Panasonic CR123s for $1.99US plus $10US S+H (US & Int'l shipping rate).
Not a bad deal considering they cost as much as $5 per battery in regular retail stores here in Tor. The Panasonics also come individually wrapped.
Anyhow, just thought I'd mention it since I know you probably go through batteries like a madman!

PS - I also got your email confirmation of my P1 shipment. Thanks! Can't wait.

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
NaturalMystic said:
Hey 4sevens,
I'm sure you're probably aware of this but a cheap bulk purchase option for (cr123) batteries can be found on eBay. I recently purchased 10 CR123s from eBay seller ipod.king (see Item number:7620673700 as an example). I got 10 Panasonic CR123s for $1.99US plus $10US S+H (US & Int'l shipping rate).
Not a bad deal considering they cost as much as $5 per battery in regular retail stores here in Tor. The Panasonics also come individually wrapped.
Anyhow, just thought I'd mention it since I know you probably go through batteries like a madman!

PS - I also got your email confirmation of my P1 shipment. Thanks! Can't wait.

Thats why I don't have any! I only have rcr123's :)

You wouldn't believe how many orders we processed in the last 36 hours.
somewhere in excess of 250. :eek:

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
Thats why I don't have any! I only have rcr123's :)

You wouldn't believe how many orders we processed in the last 36 hours.
somewhere in excess of 250. :eek:
Well I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate all your hard work. Thanks again!:goodjob:

Now if Canada Post would only hurry up already and bring me my P1!