• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: X3T 3C Mag Mod - Mr. X Beam Quality! ***$ Drop***

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

XMag.jpg

I am reluctant to give this light up, but progress demands (I need to raise funds for another light build). Anyway, the light pictured above is a Modded Mag 3C built by 3rd Shift Lights. Stephen does a tremendous job of building high quality durable lights... this is NO exception.

The light is powered by three Pila 150A batteries driving a beautiful X3T Lux V. The light is slightly overdriven at 1100mAs similar to the ledgendary Mr. X. I have compared the beam to a Mr. X and I'd say that it is only barely less intense! You'd never guess by the naked eye, unless you held the two lights together.

This light is not regulated like the Mr. X but rather is direct driven. Other features include a borofloat glass lens, two reflectors (stock mag and a LOP Fivemega reflector), and the outside of the light is adorned with Solaric and glow tape to make it easy to find in the dark.

The light is in perfect condition, only occassionally used to walk the dog.

Runtime is 1:51 minutes till the Pila's shut down.

The light does include three Pila 150As and a custom battery holder. Sorry no charger.

ASKING $260 dollars, shipped CONUS. International buyers, please add $15 dollars due to the large size.

***PRICE REDUCTION, Now $240***

First post on this thread "I'll take it" gets priority. Please followup with a PM indicating your interest.

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: X3T 3C Mag Mod - Mr. X Beam Quality!

... I should add, that this light read 6100 lux on my light meter. The beam is perfect with no donut hole whatsoever. It has a defined large (Lux V) hot spot with plenty of side spill. Truely very nice!

MSax

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hhmmm, 130+ views and no posts. :ohgeez: :awman:

Maybe I overpriced this by a bit. Therefore, BIG price drop!

Now... $240 shipped or make me an offer via PM.

Thanks,
MSax

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm confused, someone almost offered $400 just so they could pull an X-bin from another light and this one is still available?

Something doesn't make sense!

Bill

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is that with the recent birth of all the readily available S-bin luxI's, people are hoping some X-bins are not far down the pipe.

:shrug:

-DF

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I'll take it :sold: PP sent

I'm curious how this light runs as a DD with 3 Pila 150s. Is there a resistor (network) or something to drop voltage? In parallel theres insufficient voltage to overcome a Lux V's Vf and in series theres way too much. I've dabbled in DD LiIons with IIIs and Vs and killed a couple in my experiments.

Big question: is the O-sink (I presume thats the mounting method) removable?

I really look forward to receiving this light!

Last edited: