l1p with cr2 battery run time ?

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
heya all has anybody compaired the l1p when running lithium aa versus the cr2 for runtime?...........does the cr2 have longer runtime, or the aa lith..........?

Radio

Modulated Moderator
The runtime would have to be cumulative as you can only run the L1P head on the CR2 batt for about 5min before it gets too hot to hold. I have 2 of the 123 tubes and 2 of the CR2 tubes all on L1P heads and they have been in use quite a while but no runtimes. I can tell you the L1P head with the CR2 or 123 batt is about twice as bright as stock and stll much brighter than the L2P head, but just good for short useage.

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
thanks radio, now which body would you recommend for the l1p, the cr2 or 123? otherword which do you like best and is the brigtest but gets less hot..........

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Smaller IS better, the CR2 is smaller by just enough to make it easier to pocket carry, you don't even know it's there, but of course you probably sacrifice a LOT of run time over the 123, I use rechargeable CR2's hot off the charger and MY L1P heads handle them fine, I assume they are in DD mode at that time, I recharge often and carry a spare batt on my keychain but I have NEVER had to use it. If you want the cadillac, get the CR2 tube from 4sevens with the three trit tubes in it, you can thank me later.

:buddies:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second that. I tried using primary CR2s in a bright light - it works, but the run time cost was just too high for me. I have been using the protected AW RCR2s - good to about 700ma.

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the help all, i was just looking at the lux bin codes and it shows a r bin lux being able to handle forward voltage of almost 6 volts, so this is the voltage AT the emitter? so the l1p can handle the 3 volt thing pretty good, it just doesnt have enuff heat dissapation to run it for over five min before it gets hot.