My new job: Fixing the house

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been busy clearing out my house. It was piled with junk collected over 20 years. Here is a vid of me rolling up carpet to take to the dump.
rugani.gif

I've made dump runs already, and more to come. I'm looking forward to doing some painting and more repairs. Someday my house will be fixed up and that will be its own reward, but it would be nice to get paid, too.

I feel like Tom Hanks in the Money Pit.

Who else is busy fixing their house?

Can you guess what is playing on the TV? First correct guess gets an ET magnet.

Last edited:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who else is busy fixing their house?

I am ALWAYS fixing the house. Do other peoples houses not require upkeep? or do they hire people to do it constantly? (I'd never be able to afford all that!) or do they just let it go to hell and fall down and then sell it? :) (which is pretty much what the previous owners of this house had done i've decided)

In the last month I've fixed a rotten exterior door. It was decorative so just replacing it wasn't an option. I had to drill and grind out all the rot and bondo it in several layers and then sand that down flush and the repaint it. I've had to go through the attic sealing up everything that looked like a crack as we were getting bats up there. I had to fix the attic access door through which the bats were gaining access to the house, iv'e had to pull new wires for the antenna to the TV which unexpectedly went dead. I've pulled a hundred yards of "virginia creeper" vine off the trees outside to keep it from killing everything else as it completely grows over the whole neighborhood. I've put in 5 more "in use" covers on all my indoor electrical outlets to keep my 2 year old son from plugging things in by himself. I've power washed the deck, i've sprayed for wasp nests, I've cleaned the carpets twice (and the one in front the TV just once where my son puked all over it yesterday :green:) I've re-attached the lift springs in 3 windows that were broken off and so they wouldn't go up. I've replaced a burnt out attic exhaust far in 120 degree heat up there. and I"m sure I could think of other things, this hasn't even been a busy month... I'm tired :)

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was thinkng your dropped your lights onto the floor and causing a BIG hole in it. but anyway, cleaning and repairing is a need for every house,no house isn't cleaned or repaired before.