selling eletronic components

GQGeek81

Newly Enlightened
Not sure where the best place to put this would be but anyway....

My grandfather passed away several years ago, he was an electrical engineer, hobbist and a pack rat. He left behind a garage full of tools, components, spools of wire, all sorts of stuff. Much of it is organized in boxes like a shallow shoe box size with stickers on the side that say things like resitists (with the Ohm rating).

There's boxes of the most useless looking stuff you can imagine, like wire vents for computer muffin fans, and magnets stuff all over the place.

I'm going to help my grandmother Ebay all this stuff off (if it will sell) but don't know a whole lot about it. I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers on doing this.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Make a post on the appropriate CPF BST section for those items.
Decide if you want to sell as a lot or as separate items (or separate boxes).
Decide on a price.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think anybody would have any trouble with you posting some of the more interesting items or lots here in BST/non-flashlight first :) Might get a better price than ebay, at the very least you get to keep more of it since you wouldn't be paying an ebay fee. (should consider making a small donation to CPF though if you do a bunch of business)

I"m certainly interested in hearing more. I have refurbished a couple of antique meters and tools that I have on shelves here that I am quite proud of, there is no real value in them, but it's fun to do.

Post pictures!

GQGeek81

Newly Enlightened
Completely forgot about this thread sorry.

I won't have any time to do any of this for a while but I'll try and get some pictures and perhaps post some items for sake.

I know there is an old antique oscilloscope with the round screen, I actually wouldn't mind having it just for looks but I don't really have a use for it, (no idea if it works or not).

I think my biggest issue is going to be identifying a lot of the stuff. In any event I'll probably go through it a small section at the time, haul off a big box of stuff, sell it off and go back for more.