Has anyone experience converting a Mag Solitaire?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi guys!

I had a frustrating day and so I went flashlight shopping: 1 Relags LED keychain light, one Nordic MiniMag Clone, one Osram Dulux Mini, and a MagLite Solitaire.... and 7 white 3mm LEDs which I want to fit into it.

So after having a closer look at this really excellent CNC machined flashie I saw that it wouldn't be as easy as fitting 7 5mm LEDs in a MiniMag. The reflector is not easily removable and would be damaged when removed. So I am sitting here for a while and playing with different ideas without getting the really bright ***bing***.

Did one of you already do this? Or has anyone fitted at least one LED in there?
I am also thinking of the battery... My original intent was to use a Duracell MN21 12V batterie in there, or perhaps a stack of button cells...

Any bright ideas?

Bye,

phantomas2002

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there was a discussion about that very thing a while ago....
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000146

Flashlight Shopping? Like it
grin.gif
! Osram`s Dulux Mini- that`s one of my favourite flourescents- good choice!

tongue.gif
shocked.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phantomas2002:
Hi guys!

So after having a closer look at this really excellent CNC machined flashie I saw that it wouldn't be as easy as fitting 7 5mm LEDs in a MiniMag. The reflector is not easily removable and would be damaged when removed.

Did one of you already do this? Or has anyone fitted at least one LED in there?
I am also thinking of the battery... My original intent was to use a Duracell MN21 12V batterie in there, or perhaps a stack of button cells...

Any bright ideas?
phantomas2002
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also check out: "another easy 1 led conversion" (3/30/01)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I did the conversion that Chris points to. Works well. The worst part is the reflector in the Solitaire, very difficult to remove. Mine is brown, maybe a newer model, I could see no way to drill out the reflector to increase the size of the opening because the reflector "turns" in the housing. Eventually I removed the entire reflector. Slapped the LED in, put in a MN21 and a spring, hasn't left my pocket since. Great little light. Hint - Brad mentions using a small file to remove the flanges from the sides of the LED leads, I found my wife's fingernail file works just as well.

Joe

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys!

I could put in one 3mm LED easily, as I see.

But I dont get rid of the idea of getting 7 of them in there... it is still in my head... let's see if this will work in some way...
rolleyes.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I think it would be the easy way to wait for the AAA Arclite, but I will give the 7 LED conversion a try.

Latest posts