• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Modamag R/O Quadimire in purple body

rick258

Enlightened
This Modamag Quadimire R/O is amazingly bright. R/O means it has red/orange LEDs, and that means it has a very red beam. Has dial to adjust brightness.

This light has a FatMan converter which easily handles the super-high-efficiency, low-Vf R/O LEDs, but would not do as well running with the extra power that white LEDs would need so would not be good for a conversion to white led's.

It has a purple MagSC body (153 mm, which is 25 mm shorter than a Mag2C). The FatMan converter runs 4 Luxeon III R/O LEDs, which are nestled into 4 IMS SO20XA reflectors. This light can be run with 2 protected 18500 batteries or can also run on 3 123s.

I purchased it from Josey who purchased it from MorpheusT1, who spec'd it out at 760 lumens. It's crazy bright.

$165 + $10 usps priority mail to US with delivery confirmation (insurance extra-not responsible once I drop off Quadimire at post office). Outside
USA to pay additional shipping. Prefer postal money order but will consider PP on an individual basis (+ 4%).

First post of "I'll take it with no qualifications" will have preference. I have little time to check in here so please be a little patient. I should be able to check this thread once every 24 hours until sold. Please, no PM's. Email rick258gmail - you should be able to figure my email out
from this hint.

Thanks for looking.

Rick

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Modamag R/O Quadimire in purple body

Lunarmodule said:
I'll take it!
sold.gif

Good Pull, Steve
thumbsup.gif
You wasted no words with this one!!
biggrin.gif

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lunarmodule,

760 LUMENS! Point it towards Texas one night so I can see what it looks like! :goodjob:

Ken

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I guess it's at 1.4amps each spec? That would equal 760 lumens. I built a small pocket rocket R/O once, and that was a sight to behold. I can only imagine what 4 of them looks like.. WOW!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Durn,

Thats my old MagSc.
I hope you enjoy it Steve,it is insanely bright.

It was actually built by Modamag some time ago.

Let me know if you dont want it anymore :D

Benny

wtraymond

Enlightened

I tried building one of these a few months ago and burned up three out of the four emitters because of the positive ground. I didn't properly isolate the slug on the back of the emitter and they went :poof: when I connected 6 colts to test the emitters in series. :awman:

I'll have to try again one day I guess, but I haven't seen those same bins available for some time. They were Lux III G2FH.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

wtraymond said:
I tried building one of these a few months ago and burned up three out of the four emitters because of the positive ground. I didn't properly isolate the slug on the back of the emitter and they went :poof: when I connected 6 colts to test the emitters in series. :awman:

I'll have to try again one day I guess, but I haven't seen those same bins available for some time. They were Lux III G2FH.

Do you have to Isolate if using stars also??

Mac

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think so yes,

Modamag used some kind of very thin Sheath under the emitter on this one to avoid shorting the leds.

A thin layer of Artic epoxy would do the trick also.Just make sure it dryes before the emitter is seated.

Benny

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, the stars on LuxV and LuxIII are not isolated from the slug. So most of the time they are electrically connected to the slug. It's possible I guess if lumileds put a lot of thermal epoxy on one that it might be, but don't expect this.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

IsaacHayes said:
Yup, the stars on LuxV and LuxIII are not isolated from the slug. So most of the time they are electrically connected to the slug. It's possible I guess if lumileds put a lot of thermal epoxy on one that it might be, but don't expect this.

I have a Tri-Start going together soon with the R/O LEDS I guess I will make the body path positive instead of negative.

Mac

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast

cmacclel said:
I have a Tri-Start going together soon with the R/O LEDS I guess I will make the body path positive instead of negative.

Mac

If you plan on running the LEDs in series, you should make absolutely sure they're fully isolated.

Even with the body path as positive, one of the slugs touching will cause things to behave very differently (either LEDs go out, or become damaged, depending on the circuit you're using, and which one makes contact).

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, if you are DD'ing then making the body positive would be ok. Anything else it's best to isolate and do it correctly.