QIII Upgrading help please

dirobesh

Enlightened
I have a QIII to which I have just added the excellent flupic module to. However, it is still running on it's original "lottery loser" luxeon.

Having read through various posts I'm at a total loss to know which luxeon to upgrade to for running it on rechargeables for best brightness and runtime..

I would be very greatful if some knowledgeable soul could help me out with this, and also any other suggestions to make my QIII more worthy of the flupic I've installed.

Many thanks,

Robin.

HenryE

Newly Enlightened
goldserve said:
Find yourself a TWOH or TXOH from photonfanatic. You won't be dissapointed!

I want to add a UYOJ emitter to the original star when I install your FLuPIC, and then to use rechargeable cells. Anything wrong with that plan?

Nice work on the FLuPIC, by the way.

Henry

oracle2

Newly Enlightened
goldserve said:
Find yourself a TWOH or TXOH from photonfanatic. You won't be dissapointed!

Which would give the better output a TWOH or a UWOK.

Thanks

Oracle2

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I view the Q3 as a cheap work light. Woudln't want to but a LUX that costs more than the light in right? Anyways...probably UWOK will be SLIGHLTY brighter with slightly less runtime.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Just replaced my SV1L :green: with a TX0H and an IMS20 reflector. I'm not really one for swearing but, BL**DY H*LL, what a difference!! :twothumbs .

Finally my QIII is worthy of the excellent flupic module i put in it.

Robin,

(one VERY happy flashaholic....)

dirobesh

Enlightened
Does anybody have pics comparing the original reflector and the IMS?
I have another QIII - unmodified, also with an SV1L luxeon. I can take some comparison pics of both of them later, if you are interested.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
You pretty much lost the lottery with that SxxL. In most of my Q3s, I got K vf and SWO or TYO binned leds. Would like to see the comparison!

dirobesh

Enlightened
Here are 3 pics of the modified QIII (TX0H, FluPic, IMS20 reflector), and the standard QIII (SV1L). Both are running on fully charged 800mAh cr123 rechargeables, registering 4.13. The modified QIII is running on the max setting.

In all pictures, the modified QIII is on the left.

The wall photos are taken from about 5 feet away.

The photos don't accurately depict the the spread of the light outwards from the hotspot. Both lights have considerably more spill than is indicated here.
However, the difference in light intensity and and the colour renditioning is pretty much as I see it.

If anyone would like more photos, let me know what you'd like to see and I'll get on to it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

dirobesh

Enlightened
When it gets dark in a few hours time I'll take some more pics to compare the sidespill of the 2 different reflectors.