Inova X1 copy

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Sure looks like an X1 clone to me. Except this one seems to be the "old style" with the spotlight optic, instead of the newer style that offers more flood.

This might be a nice find for those who prefer the old X1.

jarobi

Enlightened
The whole deal is, I believe, patent infringement can't be enforced in this situation. If a U.S. based entity was distributing or selling such items, it would be a different story.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Emissive Energy does indeed have a patent on this design and were to pursue an action with the ITC, an injunction could be issued against the importation of these products.

And if Emissive didn't exercise due diligence in protecting their IP and designs, it would be difficult to start singling out individual US importers as well.

jarobi said:
The whole deal is, I believe, patent infringement can't be enforced in this situation. If a U.S. based entity was distributing or selling such items, it would be a different story.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez you need to chill the hell out, there wasnt even a remote sense of racism from what he said.

On another note, since Dae sends the items directly to the purchaser, from China, there is approximately 0 chance of being able to "block them from import".

Latest posts