New chemo starting next week

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hi all,
I have new chemo and radiation treatments scheduled to start next Monday. These treatments will be at dangerously high levels and there is a chance that it could kill me or leave me with serious side affects.
This is my choice to do this. The upside is that if it works then it will stop the cancer.
So I may not be posting very much for a while after Monday. I will try to check in but I have no idea if I will feel like responding to anything.
I have left instructions for my wife to post here if anything bad happens. Of course I don't expect her to run to the computer right away so it may be a few days if she does have to post.
Hopefully all will go well and besides getting very sick nothing else will happen. I have been exercising the best I could and dieting to prepare for this.
I will need all the prayer support I can get.
I will do my best to keep you updated but do not worry if you do not hear from me for several days.
Thank you all on CPF, FF, and EDC for everything you have done for me and my family. The love and support you have shown us is truly amazing and we are very humbled by it all.
God bless and hopefully in a month or so I will have good news.
Jeff :)

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
We will be praying for you, Jeff! Keep up that great attitude of yours, its a brave thing you are undertaking. God Bless. :thumbsup:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
EricMack said:
We will be praying for you, Jeff! Keep up that great attitude of yours, its a brave thing you are undertaking. God Bless. :thumbsup:
I don't know how brave I am but I will be honest and say that I am more than a little nervous. I dread the sickness that follows the treatments so much. And this time it will be much worse. :p

Spudman

Enlightened
Good luck Jeff. It's a heckuva thing when the cure is almost as bad as the disease. You hang in there.

Gary

maverick

Enlightened
Jeff, can't imagine how you feel so I just don't know what to say... But yeah hang in there, stay positive and we WILL see you back here posting again soon!

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
LifeNRA said:
I don't know how brave I am but I will be honest and say that I am more than a little nervous. I dread the sickness that follows the treatments so much. And this time it will be much worse. :p

Hey, just try to look at it like its going to be a bad hangover, unfortunately without the fun of the night before (not that you'd have remembered that anyway :nana: )

If you think you can do it - you will!! :thumbsup:

Um, sweet talk-the wife into letting us now how its going, OK? :kiss:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff, you are in our prayers. My wife is halfway thru her radiation right now and I know how rough it can be, you please take care of yourself the best you can. Try to eat and rest a lot to keep up your strength, be careful of coming in contact with germs, carry some Clorox disinfectant wipes with you. All those things you know already, but at the levels you are trying are more important than ever.

If food starts tasting bad try plastic silverware, it has worked for my wife. Drink Boost, Carnation Instant Breakfast, or similar things if your throat starts closing up and swallowing is hard.
We wish you the very best and pray no matter what, you do not suffer terribly during these treatments. Take care guy, you deserve only the best.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
You're in my daily prayers Jeff and will continue to be. Try to keep a positive attitude, I think it means a lot toward your eventual recovery.

Cliff :candle:

Last edited:

Literator

Newly Enlightened
I hope this time passes quickly for you, Jeff, and that you'll be back telling us about your plan for recovery. I have a friend who went through something similar, and he's still messing with the side effects, but he said he'd WAY rather do that than the alternative. He is happy and ready to feel well, and I wish you the same.

--Bob