alexcooper

WaltH

Enlightened
I tried to respond to your message but your profile is not accepting private messages.

I did receive my lube direct from SF lastnight. It's a very small amount...maybe a teaspoon or so. But it should last a while.

Given that it took 2 or three phonecalls, and 2 months to get, I would imagine they've instituted a new policy about not doing this in the future. Otherwise everyone would be wanting some from them.

busbar

Newly Enlightened
Metallic Copper-based anti-seize compounds:
T&B Kopr-Shield
Jetlube Kopr-Kote
Fel-Pro C5A

Metallic Silver-based compounds:
Swadgelok Silver Goop
Cool-Amp Paste

Gman

Enlightened
Alex, I think you're mistaken. The lube does not have to be conductive, as least on the E1, E2, 6P and 9P I looked at.

The outer lamp spring contacts the barrel in the head and the push switch contacts the barrel at the end. No current is carried by the threads as far as I can see.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, but as somebody noticed before, lube will migrate to the contact area from the threads eventually. Than it will couse problems. NY759G - the lubricant specified by SureFire is "very" conductive...

Gman

Enlightened
Ok, I see. Fair nuff.

Btw, one can buy decent conductive lube from Newark Electronics (newark.com) or Allied Electronics (www.alliedelec.com).

Search on "silver grease" or "conductive grease"... About $13

Either carbon filled or silver filled, the silver is better and of course a tad more expensive.

I have used the silver filled stuff (haven't tried it on torches), it works well.