Dangint! Ministar2 TLE-5 won't fit in an E1e....what reflector will?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not without drilling out the reflector though. I just got my new E1e-HAIII/Black about 20 mins ago and its an AWESOME little light. I absolutely LUST that black HA. Its' so small, but still puts out decent light. But I was going to try to mount the new high-dome Ministar2 TLE-5 in there, for a brighter, longer running light. The darn reflector base is too deep/thick. I would have to drill it all out. Kinda scared to do it unless I can get the bezel open and take the reflector out. Is there a place I can get a spare reflector? Or do I have to buy the whole bezel? Anyway, I'm kinda bummed about that. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a black Exe bezel on here for $9, you might want to shop around and see what you can find. I've seen them go for $15 on ebay recently. Not so much to worry about when you can modify (or mess up) a cheap spare.

If you bore out the original reflector, you can fit a lot of different new ones in there. I've seen mods with McR20s turned down (like the one I have) and McR18s and IMS17s. Contact Chop, Mountaineer, or one of the other modders around here to see what they recommend.

I don't know the size of the base of the teralux you are talking about, but it should be small enough to fit in the Exe head. Not sure about the ground contact using the teralux either. I assume you've already checked that out though.

schiesz

Last edited:

Latest posts