FINALLY! Time for FUN!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am finally going to camping to Yosemite National Park. I am Going to take only 4 lights. Inova T3,Surefire A2 and L6, and a 1million candlepower lgiht. Seems like im going to have some fun this weekend. My Uncle packed and he seemed to pack 2 Maggies(D Cell) a Minimag and a Coast Tac Torch (Bought It for Him) Cant wait to USE my aweomse lights and my surefire A2 Aviator. Flashaholicsm Its in ME!!:rock:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You lucky dog!

The valley floor gets really smokey due to all the campfires. Hike up the Mist Trail for a while to get some "quality darkness!" I once hiked down from Half Dome under a full moon with a AAA minimag! Hey, that was before I discovered this place. It was amazing!

Enjoy skalomax!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are planing to go on the panaroma Fall, Yosemite Falls, and Sentinal Dome. We want to go to Half Dome. It a 8 hour hike? Well Shine everything i see.!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Half Dome is about 18 miles roundtrip. If you miss the last shuttle bus back to your campground add another 2-3 miles depending on where your camping. It takes about 5 hours to get to the top. 4 hours to get back down. Take the Mist Trail to get to Nevada Falls! Prepare to get wet. There is water at the top. 2-3 active artesian springs and the Merced River. If you don't have a filter there is always someone who does and will share. I only haul enough water to get me to the top and retank before going down. Bring sunscreen, the top of the Dome is at 8800'. Only 2 bathroom stops along the way, so if your into a high fiber diet pack some TP and a means to pack out the used stuff. I make "poop kits." TP in a ziplock bag. I know this sounds gross but there are hundreds of people on the trail and if they all left TP in the woods, you get the picture. Bring a pair of gloves. You have to use steel cables to ascend the Dome and it is about an 800' climb! Climb on the outside of the path to get around the log jam. If I knew how to post a pic I would show you. Its intense! If you fall off its about a 4400' drop to the valley floor.

The Panoramic trail will get you to Half Dome. I did that one year. Glacier Point to Half Dome back down to the Valley. 23 miles! That is when I did my moonlight hike.

Bring lots of snacks.

Wow, I wish I was going too...

greenLED

Flashaholic
Awesome! Have fun, and please remember to share your "real world" impressions on how these lights perform. "White-wall" hunting can only get us so far.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I've done half dome twice, the first time when I was 11, and the second time when I was 17. Gloves are a must. There are usually a big pile of gloves on the bottom that people have left behind, but I wouldn't trust that they would have a good pair for you when you get there. If you get there earlier or later then every one else, there is no traffic jam to get to the top. It is also not for the those that are scared of heights. I just did yosemite falls last december when I was back from college. It is a pretty good hike.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for The Advice:goodjob: . Im going to take my camrea to take some beamshots. I have high expectations for my L6 and A2. Hopefully they will serve me well. Half dome seems like a misson impossible misson. Im taking 10 surefire Batteries, think that would be enough for 3-4 days?

Latest posts