Bushnell Flashlights

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Changchung,

I like it a lot, it is a lux III light which has multiple level of setting, strobe, sos and the best part is the battery indicator at the end of the clickie tailcap which the green led will turn red if the battery is too low.

Also, user could select the stages by rotating the head bezel, which could still be managed by one hand. Though it is not top notch machining(some local user reported crossing thread, but mine is fine)or design, it does appear to price ok. :)

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I find it ugly, but ugly or not, for $68 I think you could do better. I'd bet dimes to dollars that that is a Chinese made light which you could purchase from Dae for half the money.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
scott.cr said:
Personally I find it ugly, but ugly or not, for $68 I think you could do better. I'd bet dimes to dollars that that is a Chinese made light which you could purchase from Dae for half the money.

well.... i would have to agree that it may very well be a made in china light BUT. half the price, no way! it has some nice features....

http://www.bushnell.com/products/night_vision/specs/10-0300c.cfm

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
100 lumen 3W? Somehow I doubt they're mass producing lights with U bin LuxIIIs. Even further doubt that it'll last 2 hours on high.

Still, might be a nice light for the money.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, i agree that 100 lumens is just bullS***.

they should not really try to trick the buyers...luckily,we know our lights...

WNG

Enlightened
Funny, I kinda find them quite attractive. Different strokes for different folks.
:)

Although that head shape is a dead giveaway it's made in China. We've all seen similar lights using that style head.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, it doesnt state that it is regulated.

-David

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe is not true those 100 Lumens, if it has a III maybe have some 60 Lumen output, but have some functions what dont have a chinesse clone... I saw very closly, in my hands and have a good finish, if you paid some cheap this is what you receive, i buy like a month ago a flashlight 5.5 watts, maybe you know what i talking about, well, i paid around 12$ :awman: I loose my money...

I think this one is better than any chinesse clone...

Last edited:

sygyzy

Enlightened
I just got the Bushnell flashlight a few days ago and I was floored. It is better than most of the custom or corporate flashlights I have owned. It's HA, has knurling, waterproof, reflector has no artifacts, battery indicator and "find me" LED on the tail cap, swiveling cap, and more. What else could you ask for? I didn't think a company like Bushnell could make something like this but they pulled it off.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
We need someone with a lightmeter to do a bounce or lux run test to see if it is regulated or not. At least it would have to have a resistor to reduce the six + volts to lux III operating voltage.

Bill

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:duh2::mecry:

Why is it that the smaller , 1W model , does not have a 3Watt LED in it ??

Is there still not a 3W LED or a K2 emitter that will run off a Single 3 volt cell ?

Couldn't they have put a boost circuit in it - to make it a 3W.

Could the smaller (1-cell) model be modded to make it a 3W ? Then the adjustable brightness feature would be more usefull .

Low = 1/2 watt
Med = 1 watt
High= 3 watt (full brightness)

Who has thoughts and sollutions for making MOD's to this ?

I have the 3 Watt model ordered and on the way.
I'm thinking about ordering the 1Watt for MOD potential.
This seems to be a very versatile design light - with even more usefull possibilities .

:grin2:.......TMG.

x2x3x2

Banned
@ Sygyzy

Can we expect to see some beamshots comparisons bro?
Any details about the tint/heat/runtime?

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bright said:
Anyone know if this will run on 1x 18650 LiIon?

:awman:......Sorry Bright ,,,,, NO WAY this light can use 18650 .

A thinner 17670 , that I have ..... won't even go in .

It's a real shame too .

But I doubt it would work on 1 cell @ 3.7 to 4.2 volts anyway .

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
..Everyone .... Please read my CAUTIONARY thread concerning this light .

..... In the LED forum threads .

I found a concern .

EDIT : AS OF 7/18/2006 , I have retracted my Cautionary warning on this light -as I have been UN-SUCCESFUL in recreating the first two total failures , using the very same batteries(6) in my testing . I do , however , see continual minimal draining of the batteries if the *find me* feature is left ON .

.:banghead:...:ohgeez:

Last edited: