Lost the luxeon lottery pretty bad on my new Nuwai

mdocod

Flashaholic
After reading the review over at http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_5w_alx-253l.htm I decided to pick one up along with my order for the Amondotech HID illuminator...

This is my most expensive flashlight purchase (with the exception of the HID SPOTlight), and I was really hoping it would be worth spending some decent money on my first luxV type light.

I've got a minor donut- which doesn't bother me much at all, (and was to be expected based on the review)..... I've got a pretty noticable green tint here, which, also doesn't bother me all that much. The output seems severely lacking for a luxV light that achieved a ~63.00 score for overall brightness in the review... I'd say my LEDBeam is as bright as this thing, and I'd say that my taskforce 3W isn't far behind-...

maybe I had my hopes too high? I was really expecting a scortcher- something noticably brighter than my current luxeon LED lights. I think I just got a pretty lousy luxV on this pick of the lottery- I'm kinda looking at my options now for how to get the star out- maybe I could come by a better bin someday and put it in there.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your losing out on the lux lottery :( I don't know if my beamshot page will help but I've got pics of the U2, HD45-5W, and Super Flashlight III, all with premium/handpicked LuxV W-bins, along with a range of other lights if you want to try to make a comparison.

However, if you intend to swap it out anyway, you should place an order with Future electronics now for the heck of it and see if you also get an XYOR bin LuxV ;)

mdocod

Flashaholic
hehe- yea I was just reading through those threads a bit ago- that would be awfully nice to score a luxV like that...