Coast Tac Torch

ront

Newly Enlightened
I have had one of those lights in the past. I actually thought it was a pretty nice light. If I could get one at that price, I would probably get another one. What warehouse did you get it at?
Welcome to CPF by the way. Glad you are here!

Thanks, Ron

Redjam

Newly Enlightened
That is a good price--which warehouse? I have one that I got at costco a while ago. It starts out very bright with batteries fresh out of the charger, but with no apparent regulation the 3 AAAs do show their limitations, as others have noted in threads about using 3 AAA for power. After 1 hour it is much less impressive. But at that price I would pick up another one.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
Got one on my belt now, carry it about every day at work. Not bad, looking for something to replace it with, but haven't found anything I wanna pay for yet that is close in size, output. although I'm pondering the 2 stage nuwaii 3 watt... hmm..

FirstDsent

Enlightened
That Tac Torch is the first LED light I ever got. My wife gave it to me for my birthday last year. It cost $60 at Lowe's and I thought it was hot sh*t. I took it apart the other day. To my surprise, it is a Lux I. I had no idea. You'd think they would advertise that! It is absolutely direct drive. Not even a resistor.

Bernie

tommygunn

Newly Enlightened
:xyxgun:
Purchased @ Costco Warehouse, the flashlight comes equipped with 3AAA batteries, there are an additional 3AAA batteries, a lanyard, and a nylon holster in the blister pak. Also there is a mirror in front of the lens thereby letting you project the beam. I tested a few till I found the beam pattern I liked. It seems not all beam patterns on this LED are identical. All this for $14.97, such a deal !!!

Last edited:

ront

Newly Enlightened
That was a great buy tommygunn. The one I had was purchased at Costco also around Christmas time. It was priced then at $30. It sounds like the same light. I will be watching for them again at a reduced price.

Thanks, Ron

nobody

Newly Enlightened
I liked mine a lot right at first. But zero regulation...:( ...at that price who cares? It makes a good glove box/toolbox/emergency light. You found a good deal on a fairly decent light.