LuxV on 4AA cells

bonhomme

Newly Enlightened
Hello, i was wondering what the runtime will be with a badboy750 on 4 AA alkaline cells driving a luxV WWOT. Also, when the 4AA's are draining, will the light sudden go out, or will it go dimmer and dimmer?
Also i now have this luxV in a maglite with a downboy750 on 8AA alkaline cells, will there be any difference in lightoutput (runtime ofcourse).
Maybe i can use a luxIII with a downboy750 on this 4AA's, but i love the sidespill (flood?) of this luxV. Will there be mutch difference in flood when a swap to a luxIII?
Thanks Marc

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
bonhomme said:
Hello, i was wondering what the runtime will be with a badboy750 on 4 AA alkaline cells driving a luxV WWOT. Also, when the 4AA's are draining, will the light sudden go out, or will it go dimmer and dimmer?
Also i now have this luxV in a maglite with a downboy750 on 8AA alkaline cells, will there be any difference in lightoutput (runtime ofcourse).
Maybe i can use a luxIII with a downboy750 on this 4AA's, but i love the sidespill (flood?) of this luxV. Will there be mutch difference in flood when a swap to a luxIII?
Thanks Marc

The 4AA/BB750 setup will not suddenly go out. Once the BB750 can no longer sustain the 750mA current, it will drop out of regulation quickly and just light the LED with whatever the batteries have left in them. More than long enought to find spare batteries.

If you like sidespill, stick with the Lux-V. If you use a Lux-III, try it with an HOP reflector.

Jeff

Last edited: