Is there an EPROM or 2nd Battery In The Gladius?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed something with my Gladius that has me wondering...

I set the memory to a low power setting; I then switched and tested strobe mode and momentary mode, then back to the low power (memory) setting.

I then removed the tailcap and batteries and waited over 1 minute.

I reinstalled the batteries and tailcap then tried the memory mode- it remembered my setting!

Question: does the Gladius have some type of ROM or a second battery to store this momentary setting? It obviously wasn't wiped when the primary power source was removed...

:tinfoil:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering how the Gladius would store this setting. Maybe some type of NVRAM then? Otherwise I was thinking they may use a button cell in the tailcap to maintain this data in memory. Seems more likely (to a quasi-geek like me) that they must have some type of NVRAM in that tailcap then.

I expected the Gladius to reset the memory mode when the primary power source was removed.

Very interesting...

kromeke

Enlightened
Could also have a capacitor to give the circuit enough power to save the settings during a battery change. I would doubt that it has a battery for this. Could also be a EEPROM. EPROMs require exposure to UV to erase. EEPROMs are electronically erasable. Leave it disconnected for a few hours to days to find out.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is going out tonight for a workout, but I'll take the batteries out and see what happens overnight.

It probably has more memory than I do (two small kids = sleep deprivation)