3-d craftsman lite conversion

napalm-2002

Enlightened
i did it.craftsman sells new rubber coated flashlite on sale for 4.99.a good deal.you can shoe horn 4 nichia's on a small piece of breadboard in there no prob.i found out that
with 4 leds in paralell nichia 5600's that you need 4 10 ohm 1/4 watt resistors wired in parallel to make the pack pull 38.7 each.not bad.you get a real nice lite thats brite bec of the reflector assembly.there's plenty of room in the head for the resistors.i'll get pic as soon as i figure out how.thanks to all who made this possible.especially whiteleds.com.
a great guy who sells good stuff cheap and sends it right out.the reason why i didnt do this in a mag lite is there heavy cold and slippery.

does any one know how long it will last?

my next project is there same flashlite in 2 aa with a satcure kit
grin.gif

napalm-2002

Enlightened
I really don't know why no one has posted on this thread bec the reflector assembly in the craftsman rubber coated flashlite is truley amazing.there are tiny little rectangles in the reflector that really bring out the white leds.

ps could someone tell me how to get the quote at the end of each post.it really shows the personality of the post!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i agree, those "faceted" reflectors make a huge difference. especially when using multiple leds. i.e turtlelight II. i recall reading don klipsteins site where he mentioned that type of reflector was expensive? how new are they? i saw some plastic 2d "regular" flashlights at the local "dollar store" and they had faceted reflectors!!!! ps i believe the signature option was a prompt at time of registration to this forum.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
napalm-2002: To get the quote at the end of your post you need to go to where it says "my profile" and change your profile to add the option. It's easy to find when you get to the "my profile" page, you can't miss it.