Honda fit = Honda Jazz

Arkayne

Enlightened
I suppose the US wasn't deemed fit (no pun intended) for that tiny car back in 2002. Now that we have this gas crunch, the Honda suits probaby decided to release it here instead of designing a new car.

Razor

Newly Enlightened
From what I've heard, they love that little car there. Not for sporting potential, obviously, but it's just a very well made car that can seat a decend amout of people.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our Honda Jazz Auto, knocks spots off most other cars away from the lights....

Only thing missing, Cruise control.

Love Aircon AND Sunroof.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't rate it as one of the prettiest, but the fuel consumption is right up there amongst the best and the small size enables you to shove it into the most cramped of city parking lots. It kinda looks like an MPV that got downsized, a sort of micro MPV if you will.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
Our Honda Jazz Auto, knocks spots off most other cars away from the lights....

Only thing missing, Cruise control.

Love Aircon AND Sunroof.

I assume you mean that it's quicker off the line. There must not be many fast cars over there then :grin2:

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Most of the Japanese auto manufacturers consider the US to be their most important market, and commonly introduce new models into other markets first to shake out the bugs and QC issues before bringing them into the US.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
I was looking through some old car magazines, and i saw a picture of a Honda Jazz... which came out sometime around '02 IN EUROPE. Now, Honda comes out with the '07 Fit, which is pretty much the same as the jazz, but it is sold in the US.... weird.

http://assets.in.gr/dGenesis/assets/Content6/Photo/big/in_Honda_Jazz_CVT_05SEL.jpg

http://www.autos.com.mx/Imag2005/honda/FIT/02.jpg

-David

The Jazz is the Fit is the Jazz since it came out, just different names for different markets. Over here in S'pore, it's officially called the Jazz, but there are many parallel imported units, and they are called Fit.

In its stock form, I think its pretty 'cutesy' and decent looking; not ugly. It is a a popular car for 'ricing up' over here and there are many pretty alright looking ones around. Many aftermarket accessories for it also shows that manufacturers detect the demand for this model.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
chevrofreak said:
I assume you mean that it's quicker off the line. There must not be many fast cars over there then :grin2:

To 30 mph, not one car better yet.

Even to 50 mph, when OK.

I think part of it is that others don't expect it to be so quick off the line.

Auto gearing just right, plus not many auto cars UK, so you beat them whilst they change gear.

Usually accompanied by wife saying "don't be silly" !!

Delvance

Enlightened
Haha abvidledUK. Funny how you drag your little jazz!

They're a nice car, there's quite a few of them where i live, and i think photos don't do it justice. It looks quite a bit better in real life. Someone on my street owns two actually, one is slightly riced and it does look kind of alright...a nice car for a to b in comfort while not emptying wallet on petrol.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
they are both just Hondas rip off of my car, the mazda 5 :D

redcar.jpg

Which is better looking if I do say so myself, and has sliding rear doors which was the deciding factor for me getting it over the other similar small pushed up hatch back cars out there.

mccavazos

Enlightened
chevrofreak said:

hahaha thats true.

It does look like a knock-off of the mazda, and the matrix.

Latest posts