Finally got an L6 Porky! (PICS) SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbergerud

Newly Enlightened
Always wanted an L6 Porcupine but I couldn't bring myself to pay $600 for one... so, I just traded my Oly Arms AR15 for it... dayummmm, look at that bad-*** bezel!
grinser2.gif

DSC02009.jpg

DSC02002.jpg

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one Insane looking Flashlight!!

I cannot express how much i want One of each Porcupine SF have made.
The U2 Porky does not look this awsome though,it needs the SS teeth :D

Sweet light,
Benny

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Great. I personally can't wait til the first news story reaches me of someone who uses one of these in questionable "self-defense" and then the network of police departments across the country starts to regard any possession of such a flashlight as "possession/concealment of a deadly weapon."

Are we really doing ourselves a favor by weaponizing flashlights?

In a perfect world, I wouldn't care, because I don't truly see a difference between carrying a weaponized flashlight and carrying a benign flashlight plus a defensive weapon. It's a distinction without a difference. It's true that it shouldn't matter that the weapon is integrated into the flashlight, so long as use of the weapon-aspect of the flashlight was justified in a given case.

But the sheeple won't see it that way, and they will react in horror and fear the second this type of device comes to their attention via a news story about someone using one. We KNOW this. And then it probably won't be long before all people who EDC a flashlight (just like those who EDC a gun or a knife) will be looked at with suspicion. And then soon after that, we won't be allowed to take anything but Photon IIs on airliners, and they'll confiscate them on subway trains, too, during those famous "voluntary random searches."

-Jeffrey

maverick

Enlightened
peacefuljeffrey,

As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with you. Personally I love the strike bezels on the Surefire lights but I can see the implications that taking someone out with one would have on the public's perception of flashlights.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
I think you guys are really getting a little carried away with this. I am sure that 99% of the people that own a Porky have no intentions of using it as a weapon. I am sure that most owners barely even take it out of the house. Now if they were selling them at Target or KMart, then yea maybe some cause for concern, but you are not going to see thugs shelling out $600 smackers on a light like this.....relax worry about guns on the street, not flashlights.

Macaw

Enlightened
That PS90 is one wild looking bullpup! I'm behind the times on Para-military rifles, I only have a FNC Para..

maverick

Enlightened
RemingtonBPD said:
I think you guys are really getting a little carried away with this. I am sure that 99% of the people that own a Porky have no intentions of using it as a weapon. I am sure that most owners barely even take it out of the house. Now if they were selling them at Target or KMart, then yea maybe some cause for concern, but you are not going to see thugs shelling out $600 smackers on a light like this.....relax worry about guns on the street, not flashlights.

Remington, I really couldn't agree with you more!! But the point I was trying to make is that not everyone thinks like you and I. I also agree that most people with a Porky won't even take it out of their display cabinets. But let's not forget that there are other agressive models such as the E2D, M3 and the various -CB bezel series.

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I suppose that when one buys a $600 flashlight :huh2: one probably cuts open the box with a $450 Sebenza... :ohgeez:

I can't quite understand how one doesn't feel that one "spent" money on something just because he traded something else that he had spent money on, to obtain it.

Moreover, I don't understand why people are so averse to someone making a valid point and stating his own opinions. Sheez!

-Jeffrey

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Youre just Jealous!
:nana:
peacefuljeffrey said:
I suppose that when one buys a $600 flashlight :huh2: one probably cuts open the box with a $450 Sebenza... :ohgeez:

I can't quite understand how one doesn't feel that one "spent" money on something just because he traded something else that he had spent money on, to obtain it.

Moreover, I don't understand why people are so averse to someone making a valid point and stating his own opinions. Sheez!

-Jeffrey

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
peacefuljeffrey said:
So what if he does? Is everything you own merely adequate, or do you also have some nicer things that you feel it's OK to spend extra money on?

Who said this? Only the guy who made the trade, and he's in the best position to make this statement. Obviously he didn't need his rifle anymore. Maybe he used to like it, but it lost its glamour, and now he's got a new toy to play with. I've bought/sold many knives and a few lights for this exact reason. And it is like I didn't spend money on the new toy. For example, I just sold a bunch of knives. I liked them, but I never used them, they've lost the glamour they once had, and now I've got new toys. I don't miss the old knives, and I love my new toys. And they didn't cost me anything extra because they were funded by the old stuff I don't need anymore.

-Jeffrey
Stating your own opinions (again and again and again) is one thing, but asserting them where they don't belong is another. jbergerud got a new toy, loves it, shows it off (after trading an AR-15 for it, and pictured next to a FNP90 on top of all this--and you're worried about the flashlight being too much a "weapon"), and you've got to make things all political. There's a place on CPF for this, and it ain't here.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think that a strike bezel really makes that much difference? Sure it looks dangerous but I can't imagine seeing a great deal of difference between hitting someone with force in their face with a bezel M3 and hitting them with my regular M3. It's still going to hurt like bugger and distract them long enough. On top of that, if I hit them with the same force aren't I more likely to knock them out with a standard M3 when a strike bezel would just cut them more ?

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
Holy smokes, the original poster was talking about a Porky L6, not all this political bs. First off, I think many people these days on the internet boards are way overboard on the paranoia! Ok folks, put on your tinfoil hats, go inside and stay away from the black choppers outside.

Second, there is nothing wrong with wanting something nice. Just cause he has a P90, does not mean he is going to spend a bunch of money on everything. I would absolutely agree with him that $600 is wild for a Porky L6. But if you have something that is just collecting dust, good deal then.

He wasn't saying "I can't afford it..." just couldn't justify the price.

And regarding a $450 knife, $450 for a knife is nothing...very commonplace actually in the knife world. I've carried $400-$600 pocket knives on duty since day one. And trust me, I use the heck out of everything I carry. $450 is nothing when cutting rope or a seatbelt can save a life (including your own).

dixemon

Enlightened
peacefuljeffrey said:
But the sheeple won't see it that way, and they will react in horror and fear the second this type of device comes to their attention via a news story about someone using one. We KNOW this. And then it probably won't be long before all people who EDC a flashlight (just like those who EDC a gun or a knife) will be looked at with suspicion. And then soon after that, we won't be allowed to take anything but Photon IIs on airliners, and they'll confiscate them on subway trains, too, during those famous "voluntary random searches."

-Jeffrey

Here comes the comes the flashlight gang! Everybody run! aaaaaaaaaaa!

Paranoid....?