• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Aleph 19...

Fringe

Enlightened
...full setup in single cell or just the A19 head. I know, I know, I probably would have been happy with the UV A19 I just missed.

Thanks!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you checked at lighthound and the shoppe.

Lighthound has the head only with Cree UV Here.

And the shoppe has them complete with Lux III and Cree UV Here.

Benny

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good links Mo!!

Here is the one to get from the shoppe

Aleph 19 (19mm) with 1x123 Flashlight - Black UX1K $219

Just an FYI for those that don't know. Using the Ubin Lux III with the NG750 is excellent for a bit more throw in an A19. I get about 1000 LUX with my NG1000 TWOK and about 500 LUX with the WX1S Lux V but the nice thing about using the 3w vs the 5w is the 3w gets you more throw and a bit hotter and tigher spot. The less lumens is not that noticable. You still get the wall of light though!

Based on the recent auction it's a steal at $219! :)

Fringe

Enlightened
MorpheusT1,

Yes, thanks for the links, I was browsing the shoppe, but neglected to check Lighthound. I appreciate.

Cro MAGnet, thank you for your very insightful words. You got me all fired up and as I was reading it, I thought about what a steel it was too after the auction and then come to find you did too! We think the same.

My question to you guys is if you think it is wise to forgo the UV Cree for the LuxIII or if is it prudent to have the UV Cree since it was kinda made for the A19? I am mainly interested in the A19, but am unsure if I would like the UV or the Lux III setup. I would love your words on this.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol you know the answer to that! In true CPF fashion, get them both!

that's the beauty of the aleph system and yet alas a
result for it's inevitable extinction.

i know nothing of the uv and would expect it to 2D dimmer.

:)

Fringe said:
MorpheusT1,

Yes, thanks for the links, I was browsing the shoppe, but neglected to check Lighthound. I appreciate.

Cro MAGnet, thank you for your very insightful words. You got me all fired up and as I was reading it, I thought about what a steel it was too after the auction and then come to find you did too! We think the same.

My question to you guys is if you think it is wise to forgo the UV Cree for the LuxIII or if is it prudent to have the UV Cree since it was kinda made for the A19? I am mainly interested in the A19, but am unsure if I would like the UV or the Lux III setup. I would love your words on this.

s.duff

Enlightened
which auction are you guys talking about? i have been considering picking up one of these as well but i am a little intimidated by the whole uv thing. i realy don't know anything about uv. also am i correct in that the ones that the shop are selling that are listed as aleph19(19mm) are not a uv setup, but rather a regular led using the aleph 19 head and reflector?

Fringe

Enlightened
Cro,

Yep, get both, I know, I have been doing it ever since I have been into these trick lights.

s.duff,

Just refering to the McGizmo auction that recently sent some of Don's special mods through the roof price wise, but I also missed out on a A19UV setup here on BST.
I think I will just bite the bullet and get a setup off the shoppe, I am sure it will hold its value pretty well huh?

s.duff

Enlightened
gotcha, i thought there was one for an aleph 19 that was really high priced. i couldn't even touch any of the customs at the auction. i can't make up my mind what setup to get. i guess i have too many options that i'm confused about to make up my mind.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
s.duff said:
gotcha, i thought there was one for an aleph 19 that was really high priced. i couldn't even touch any of the customs at the auction. i can't make up my mind what setup to get. i guess i have too many options that i'm confused about to make up my mind.
LOL Hence the PD and one of the reasons why it's such a success. :)

Maybe someone can clear this up for me but I don't see why someone would buy a highend UV light like one of these unless they need it for the work they do or they are a collector and just love them for what they are. I guess that can be said about anything, huh?

Does the CREE UV have the same output as the Luxeons we put in these?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
The McR-19 was designed specifically for the Cree 7090 LED package and most particularly for the Cree 7090UV. However, it has found use beyond the initial intent. It works well with the Nichia Jupiter and the Luxeon's in regards to a concentrated flood. Put a beam shaper in front of it and you really have a wonderful task light or reading light; anything within near field, IMHO. The hell with the spot beam, the A-19 is the corona king! :nana:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
Hi guys,
The McR-19 was designed specifically for the Cree 7090 LED package and most particularly for the Cree 7090UV. However, it has found use beyond the initial intent. It works well with the Nichia Jupiter and the Luxeon's in regards to a concentrated flood. Put a beam shaper in front of it and you really have a wonderful task light or reading light; anything within near field, IMHO. The hell with the spot beam, the A-19 is the corona king! :nana:
Yup! And one of my fave lights for sure!

For designing reflector that throws a wall of light near or far!
bravo.gif

Jupiter huh. Like the one in the River Rock Lantern? or was that a side emitter. hmm

Fringe

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for your feedback, now I want one even more, but I would like to get a deal, so if anyone wants to move, I am here, otherwise it looks like I will take a trip to the shoppe, but me waits.

Fringe

Enlightened
Got the A19 with the UV head and I am very impressed. This thing is really cool. I have found all kinds of "stains" and it has been bvery useful to see if my newborn has tinkled in his diaper.

Got to love the beam too. I now understand the hype.

Latest posts