Images E2D body&bezel w/ KL4?

logarithmic

Newly Enlightened
MY forum and internet searches have come up empty, people only speak of it... does anyone have any images of the E2D with a KL4 head with the strike bezel ring?

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
No pics, but I would like to do that with one of my E2D's.

I hear that it is fairly difficult to get the strike bezel off without damaging it.

I hope someone comes through for you.:)

a99raptors

Enlightened
Actually, its fairly easy to get the ring out. All I did was wrap some rubber O-rings around it for better grip, then used my hand and turned it counter-clockwise. Interchanged it with my L2 bezel and I have the L2d! :)

a99raptors

Enlightened
I have tried the strike ring on the L2 bezel, also by swapping. But mind you, the bezel I tried was the older shorter one. Not sure about the new longer bezel.

E2e bezels should also work.

Also, I have read about others swapping it with the L4 :)

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened
One a made a while back:

Guess I could redo it now with my black KL4 head so the entire light would be black!

kl4-d-crown.jpg

Bogie

Enlightened
I have done this as well usinf a black KL4 & I have another strike bezal on my L2 I will try to take pics

roguesw

Enlightened
that looks damn sexy
i just got a black E2D body from lighthound, now you are making me search for a black KL4 head and E2D strike bezel and i am thinking the E2D clickie tail swithc to finish it off
argghhhh. lol
if only i can get a strike bezel for my black Pr-T, then i can build a LuxV and have an alternative to the KL4 head
hmmm, options, options

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happens when you apply 6V directly to the L2 head without the regulated body of the L2? I screwed the L2 head on my E2D before, but was afraid of blowing up the LED.

a99raptors

Enlightened
You get a low level light, somewhere between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 lights. Very useful for close-up work.

I have tried it on my E2e and old E2d.

I asked a similar question about it once. One of the members replied saying that there was a time when Surefire messed up by putting the L2 bezel on the E2e bodies, but they work fine.

Of course, I don't recommend you using this as it was not designed for it.