Eveready Compass Lite

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Any one out there ever seen an Eveready Compass Lite?

It has a compass built into the lens. Pretty neat. Probably made in the 60's.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Coleman makes a 4AA camoflage style flashlight with a small compas built into it. I saw it at Walmart for about $12.

How can the compas be built into the lens; does it just block some of the light?

Frank

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How can the compas be built into the lens; does it just block some of the light?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it's easier to read at night.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The light looks like it has another clear lens with a compass dial and needle on it, underneath the regular lens.

It does block some of the light but not much.

The light looks like the common inexpensive aluminum Eveready flashlight from the 1960's with a black plastic lens holder. The lens head has to be removed to insert and remove the batteries.

I think it was a novel idea! I had never seen one and saw it at a flea market and got it for a few dollars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
Coleman makes a 4AA camoflage style flashlight with a small compas built into it. I saw it at Walmart for about $12.

How can the compas be built into the lens; does it just block some of the light?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking of the same light I'm thinking of, it's made by Rayovac. It has a compass built into the head. There is a small hole in the reflector that permits some light to illuminate the compass. But then, perhaps Coleman makes one too.

Latest posts