Darn - I broke my rubber (on my Q3)

teststrips

Enlightened
I disassembled my tailcap on my Q3 the other day for cleaning, and the rubber boot (over the clickie) would not come out. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to try to push it out with my pocketknife... needless to say that was stupid, and I put a nasty slice in the rubber boot covering the switch.

Anyone know where I can find one to replace it?

Also - I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement reflector... I swapped the LED for a "joker" model, and the Q3's beam got even floodier... I'd like a more spotty reflector solution that will firstly fit the light, and secondly be designed for the new "joker" LEDs

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a box of around 200 miscellaneous O rings from my local 'hardware store' ( As you Yanks like to call them :) ). I never had to look for one since. It was only a couple of pounds.

teststrips

Enlightened
I'm talking about the rubber bootie which covers the entire back of my switch... not just an o-ring... this is the rubber that covers the switch and provides protection against water.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, should have read it closer. I'd pop down the local electronic spares store ( Radio Shack ??) and have a look throught their 'bits' section to see if there is anything similar. If not, how about 'repairing' it with bike pucture kit ??

teststrips

Enlightened
TooManyGizmos said:
Use a piece of bike tire inner-tube cut in a circle.

Then it can do tail-stands.

I think I'll try this.. seems pretty simple... I'll have to see how it feels to the thumb though.

Any thoughts on replacement reflectors?

Darksky

Newly Enlightened
If you have a C/D cell Mag. Pop the rubber cap off the switch and try that for
fit.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
teststrips said:
I think I'll try this.. seems pretty simple... I'll have to see how it feels to the thumb though.

Any thoughts on replacement reflectors?

PM sent on reflector.

Latest posts