'07 toyoya fj cruiser

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: '07 toyoya fj cruiser flashlight

the car is awsome. Its an offroading machine.

-David

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast

My girlfriends Moms boyfriend just bought one. Its so silly. It has so many random plastic parts inside and it feels like riding in a sub marine. And whats the deal with 3 window wiper blades?? COME ON! Its just another silly hummer rip off, and the new hummer is just as sad. Oh well, just another status symbol that reeks of lame. Nice flashlight though! :laughing:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

nakahoshi said:
My girlfriends Moms boyfriend just bought one. Its so silly. It has so many random plastic parts inside and it feels like riding in a sub marine. And whats the deal with 3 window wiper blades?? COME ON! Its just another silly hummer rip off, and the new hummer is just as sad. Oh well, just another status symbol that reeks of lame. Nice flashlight though! :laughing:

this fj cruiser will KILL THE HUMMER AT OFFROADING. The hummer h2 and h3 are not very good when it comes to offroad. I like this car because it is rugged, and not all "fancy" like the hummers.

-David

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does that G2 come standard on the FJ Cruiser? Too bad they didn't use a more "rugged" LED based light!

The FJ Cruiser is a very capable off-road vehicle, a bit more so than the 4Runner which is itself an excellent off-roader. Still, it does have a cheesy interior.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

My wife and I are seriously considering one to augment her older Range Rover as a daily driver/kid wagon/outdoor activity machine. Also considering the LR7. A buddy runs a local Toyota dealership so I have a chance at picking one up for a good price.

We'll probably look at it in the next few weeks. I'll have to be sure to get the Surefire option... ;)

TENMMIKE

Enlightened

maybe a h2 or 3 but NO WAY ON THIS EARTH is it even close to a real humvee(H1)
cheapo said:
this fj cruiser will KILL THE HUMMER AT OFFROADING. The hummer h2 and h3 are not very good when it comes to offroad. I like this car because it is rugged, and not all "fancy" like the hummers.

-David

igabo

Enlightened

Nice car, especially for off-road. Gotta give credit to Toyota for the Land Cruiser after all. Nice flashlight as well! :) Does anyone know if it comes standard with every FJ Cruiser?

Penguin

Enlightened

I think the FJ looks awesome, quirky styling, but it's a beat offroad... but with the gas prices so high, would it be wise to get another SUV? G2 seems like a good match to the FJ, rugged and a great value.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

TENMMIKE said:
maybe a h2 or 3 but NO WAY ON THIS EARTH is it even close to a real humvee(H1)

the h1 is out of production... and just because its a "Hummer H1" doesnt mean that itll beat everything else when it comes to offroading.

-David

redvalkyrie

Enlightened

You have it backwards...the Hummer is a ripoff of the original FJ Land Cruisers which were, and still are, some of the best off road vehicles ever made.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always considered the Puch/Mercedes G as "the" No.1 offroad vehicle.

btw. I happen to annoy Hummer-friends (whatever Model) with that old Paris-Dakar story, where a team with a hummer came to win (lol), then had to be in truck division for that awful weight of this piece of metal, and got kicked very hard (as expected from anyone else).
Those dakar trucks drive some 160 km/h (100 mph) ON SAND, limiting factor the wheels which wont stand higher speed.

living in a small country with limited space on the streets, I completely miss the enthusiasm in large cars, lucky me. (PS: sure You wont like to hear our gasoline prices) :(

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Allright, you all win. Its better at offroad. Ok, but he diddnt buy it for that, he bought it to go to the mall. Hummer bla bla bla, land rover bla bla bla, Big box on wheels bla bla bla. I dont know anything about off roading with these cars. All i know is that the rear lights stick out and i have been attacked by them. I still think the best off road car ever built is the 1986 Dodge Aries LE. Hands down.
I have made an arrow diagram to point at things with arrows.
ToyotaLC.jpg

I really dont dislike this car that much. It just seams tacky to me, very few people who will buy this car will OFF ROAD TO THE XTREME! So to me, i would buy it for function, but also for how it looks. And i just cant get around it. By the way, i am a subaru fan, and they are infamous for being "ugly looking". O i understand some people might think this is the best looking car ever, they can feel that way. But watch out for those rear lights! The toyota Land Cruiser is a nice looking SUV. I just see this car as a honda element + VW beatle + Steriods.

dragoman

Enlightened

I like the lights facing forward on the mirrors, never saw that before.....wonder if they are aimable, like a cop's spotlight.

dragoman

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

look at that... it has one of the hooks attached to the front so you can pull yourself out of a bad situation.

-David

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually thats for attaching a shopping cart, see, you push it out of the store, and run the hook and wire towards your cart. Then, you can pull your cart back to your FJ and not have to push it. It really is ground breaking

vtunderground

Enlightened

The FJ Cruiser was a good idea, but did they really have to make it so ugly?

Also, I refuse to consider anything with independent suspension an "off-roading machine" :).