Mag 2,3,4D LED = same runtime, diff brightness

"
Mag's answer:

Brightness specs not available yet. More cells usually gives more brightness but the same run time.

Don

My Question:

---------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE ----------
TO : Mag Instrument, Inc. Web Site (www.magmail.com)
FROM ( my email address)
RECEIVED: 5/21/2006 5:13:08 AM EST

What are the light output specifications for the LED module for 2, 3 and 4D units?

Do higher cell count types provide more output and/or longer runtime?"

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing wrote: "Brightness specs not available yet. More cells usually gives more brightness but the same run time."

Hmmmm.... I realize that you were specific asking about the LEDs -
but somehow that sounds more like the characteristics of their incandescents :confused:

UnknownVT said:
Handlobraesing wrote: "Brightness specs not available yet. More cells usually gives more brightness but the same run time."

Hmmmm.... I realize that you were specific asking about the LEDs -
but somehow that sounds more like the characteristics of their incandescents :confused:

Yeah, that's what I thought to. Maybe Mr. Don doesn't know what he's talking about.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing wrote: "Maybe Mr. Don doesn't know what he's talking about."

The CPF reports so far on the MagLED 2 and 3-cell drop-in replacement modules - seem to indicate they are about the same level of brightness (allowing for sample variations)
- so as a guess, I think these MagLED 3-watt LED lights and replacement modules probably give about the same brightness with different runtimes.