l5 versus l6?

s.duff

Enlightened
can anyone tell me how these two stack up against each other? the surefire site has l5 as 65 lumens and l6 as 100 lumens, but i've come to not rely on the surefire rating system. what if any differences will i see between the two. is the l5 even worth picking up? i have a u2 and the l6, and was offered an l5 in a deal, but i can't seem to find anything as far as beam shot comparisons or a daily life review as opposed to the more technical reviews that seem to just be press release info from surefire. what do you guys think?

jtice

Flashaholic
L5 is fairly similar to the U2 beam.
The spill is wider than a L6,
the spot is slightly larger.

Bernie should see this, he has good shots ;)

nc987

Enlightened
I have both simply because i got a killer deal on each. The L6 is my favorite LED flashlight ever made. My L5's beam is identical to my U2 minus the tint. The U2 is close to white while the L5 is closer to blue which doesnt matter to me. The L6 has a slightly tighter beam, and will throw a little farther, but not by much. My KL3 will out throw all of them.

The L5 body feels to me about the same as the M2 to answer your question except that the front end of the L5 is a little heaver due to the KL5 head.

You cant go wrong with the L5, great all around light. But if you already have a U2 you dont need it. But if its a good deal go for it.

UKSFighter

Newly Enlightened
Check out the beamshots mentioned above. They are great comparisons and personally I think you can have an L5 and a U2. I like the U2 for an all around light, but when I want something bright enough to light up a room then I would reach for the L5. I know I can adjust the U2 to the required light output, but there is something nice about grabbing the L5 and knowing it will be uber bright when I hit the button. I usually keep my U2 turned down and by my bed so that I don't ruin my night vision if I get up and need to navigate around the house.

s.duff

Enlightened
great. thanks alot guys. this thread really puts things in perspective.