• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Arc LS with royal blue Luxeon III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I know there weren't very many of these made by CPF's esteemed modders, but I'm looking to buy one to replace the one that has failed to turn up here - and I'll be leaving Seattle in just several hours.

The one I had featured a royal blue Luxeon III LED driven at 667mA, and was powered with two AA cells.

Cash only; I do not have much in Paypal, and I do not have any bank cards.

My address will be:

Craig Johnson
c/o The LED Museum
1090 Lakefront Dr. #618
Sacramento CA. 95831

This address is plastered all over the internet, so I do not mind posting it here.

trivergata

Enlightened
If you can come up with the donor, I'd be glad to swap the emitter for you - I even have a few royal blue I'd provide - you are a great help to the flashlight world.

Josh

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Sub_Umbra said:
Hey Craig-

Just out of curiousity, what do you use the RB for?
The royal blue isn't that *USEFUL* a light, but it sure is *COOL* (or "*KOOL*" or "*KEWL*"). :cool:
Besides just playing around with it and (quoting the Flinstones title song) having a gay 'ol time, royal blue will cause fluorescence in numerous different objects.

Thread will soon be moved to "Homemade & Mod B/S/T" because I believe it to be more appropriate there...if I can move it of course. :)

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
trivergata said:
If you can come up with the donor, I'd be glad to swap the emitter for you - I even have a few royal blue I'd provide - you are a great help to the flashlight world.

Josh
Hi Josh,

Thank you *VERY MUCH* for the offer...but I do not have a donor.
The original was custom modified with a royal blue Luxeon III LED driven at 667mA with a BadBoy driver.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I was just going to suggest Carpe Diem.... he's got some extraordinary monochrome Arcs.

Craig, just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the tremendous amount of enjoyment I have derived from your personality in your work, the LED Museum site has been a mainstay for over a year now. Not to mention I got a case of eyestrain reading off your post in the "List your lights" thread. I happen to be a monster fan of royal blue emitters and have some sweet mods. If you decide not to seize one of Carpe Diem's lights, I can send you one for an extended review period. Or just send a choice RB Luxeon to become part of the Museum. Your tongue in cheek humor is much appreciated, and I always look forward to your reviews. Only thing I ask is you explain the events frame by frame of your animated GIF: the thermometer thingy breaking, vacuum cleaner sucking it up, and antigravity flashlight in and out of the cave. I gathered it was some reference to winter time and cold temperatures, seems the smiley sees the thermometer and goes back inside.... I get hypnotized by it each time I see it, always meant to ask about that. ......that and please explain Urine Potato.

Good luck with your relocating and enjoy your new home. I hope it fits you comfortably. Take care my friend, and know you have a lot of fans!

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the hypnotic thermometer is really a toilet.

I never would have believed anyone if they told me i would say that as a serious response to a question. :confused:

Enjoy

Free BUMP

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Lunarmodule said:
Craig, just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the tremendous amount of enjoyment I have derived from your personality in your work, the LED Museum site has been a mainstay for over a year now. Not to mention I got a case of eyestrain reading off your post in the "List your lights" thread. I happen to be a monster fan of royal blue emitters and have some sweet mods. If you decide not to seize one of Carpe Diem's lights, I can send you one for an extended review period. Or just send a choice RB Luxeon to become part of the Museum. Your tongue in cheek humor is much appreciated, and I always look forward to your reviews.
I took the bate...snagged Carpe Diem's royal blue Arc LS...but thank you very much for offering me one of yours as an extended loan. :) :D :thanks: :D :)

Lunarmodule said:
Only thing I ask is you explain the events frame by frame of your animated GIF: the thermometer thingy breaking, vacuum cleaner sucking it up, and antigravity flashlight in and out of the cave. I gathered it was some reference to winter time and cold temperatures, seems the smiley sees the thermometer and goes back inside.... I get hypnotized by it each time I see it, always meant to ask about that. ......that and please explain Urine Potato.

Good luck with your relocating and enjoy your new home. I hope it fits you comfortably. Take care my friend, and know you have a lot of fans!
That "thermometer" is actually one of those wall-mounted porcelain urinators - that's why the thrown flashlight nocked it off the wall so readily. :)
The vacuum cleaner comes out to suck up all the broken porcelain from the now-broken urinator.

The pseudonym "Urine Potato" came from just putting two random words together; I could have just as easily come up with "Bathtub Vitamin", "Brocolli Camera", "Eclipse Feces", "Aspirin Toliet", "Chainsaw Enema", or any of an innumerable amount of combinations.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coming up next in the Bashful Beaver's Battle of the Bands: Bathtub Vitamen, followed by, Brocolli Camera, Eclipse Feces, and Asprin Toilet. But first, please give a warm Beaver welcome to CHAINSAW ENEMA!
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.