FLuPIC board question.

shaman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some experience again :).

I wanted to know how bright in comparison to some other sandwiches or lights (If the emitters are all T bins)? I have the lights stated below...

1 LB Micra w/ Wiz2 750 LuxIII UX1L
2 Minimag w/ MadMax+ LuxIII TY0J
1 Q3 w/ modded Dorcy LuxIII TY0J
1 Fenix L1P w/ LuxI SW0H

but wondered how bright one would be if the boards were switched. I've read about the burst mode giving about 1.1A and high about 600mah so I was attempting to imagine that the output but... Just wanted some food for thought to help. I wish I had a light meter, but alas all I have is merely my eyes and the darkness (and some eye rolling from my wife :crackup: ).

Thanks for the info and help.

Sincerely,

Shaman

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are too many factors at work. A TWOH with new die height would loose some of its brightness in the hotspot therefore making it 'seem' not as bright.

I can say my fenix with a TWOH running off RCR2 and 14500 batteries is BRIGHT. Gets warm quite fast...

shaman

Newly Enlightened
goldserve,

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that all of the T bin LuxIII would be the old die height and the reflectors would all be the same as well. My Fenix is bright, but it falls (to 3rd) under my MM+(2nd) and Micra (1st) in terms of brightness. So I was curious as to where it would fall in If I switched a MM+ to a FluPIC where would it fall in?

Sincerely,

Shaman

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would definitely be brighter than the fenix, q3, and maybe the MM.

Again, there are just too many other variables. Pick up a UWOJ and it should be bright!