Civictor EXCELS...

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
at one thing I was looking for: allowing reliable, bezel DOWN, clip-on carry - especially in my jeans watch pocket. Of course, I had to provide the clip, which came from an old Infinity.

To cushion the clip (type II anodizing) and provide friction for the clip to hold, I first cut a piece of black electrical tape the width of the smooth, non-knurled tail section of the Civictor - about 8 mm or 1/3 inch, notched it to clear the lanyard holes, and wrapped it so the ends overlap a little on the side opposite the lanyard holes. The clip fits perfectly over it, with the lanyard holes and split ring fitting in the gap in the clip.

Because the tail is solid, there are no issues with the clip scratching the body when you have to unscrew the tailcap as was the case with the L1P, and the increased length and larger head of the Civictor over the old Infinity makes it sit lower and feel more secure in pocket

It's hard to photograph a black clip on a black flashlight, accented with black elecrical tape, but here it is:

civ10tm.jpg

And the short length of the Civictor allows it to fit just right:

civ28ik.jpg

So this 1W 1AA lux fit a niche for me that (and it surprised me too) none of my other small lights did, and at $27.50 shipped (4sevens Memorial Day weekend sale). BTW, my informal run time testing indicates that at least this one of my Civictors looks to be a close match in output and run time curve to the L1P.

Latest posts