What kind of Leds use Inova???

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont understand your question... but inovas t series and the xo, xo3 use luxeon. The rest use 5mms.

-david

TorchMan

Enlightened
Not quite sure what you're asking here. Inova has a "four watt" LED light, the T4 (and maybe the T5 as well, not sure about that). It is a Lux III driven at enough current to be four watts.

Lux I, Lux III and Lux V are not really Luxeon One Watt, Three Watt, Five Watt, etc., it depends on the current they are driven at. My understanding is calling them by wattage is a rough guide.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
TorchMan said:
Not quite sure what you're asking here. Inova has a "four watt" LED light, the T4 (and maybe the T5 as well, not sure about that). It is a Lux III driven at enough current to be four watts.

supposedly driven at 4 watts, but not in actuality.

-david

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, now i understand, i think the numbers on the box mean type of Led, but, if that flashlight are using Luxeon why dont show or saw nothing about it???

Thanks for your help...

I have; X1, T1, T2 and i am waiting for a T4, maybe i get too a T5, i have to be sure first if i can use some rechargables in this one...

I just want to be sure what i buy...

Last edited:

steve_vance

Enlightened
Changchung said:
Ok, now i understand, i think the numbers on the box mean type of Led, but, if that flashlight are using Luxeon why dont show or saw nothing about it???
Thanks for your help...
I just want to be sure what i buy...

because they want to reserve the right to use a better LED if one comes along; packaging is made up in advance 10,000+ at a time, and if you name a brand of LEd on your package, if you change LED brands you have to discard or modify all the packaging you have already. Example: Inova now uses a 5mm LED from Seoul semiconductor in some of their products, for some applications they are equal to or superior to Nichia. Although most of the Inova 5mm products use the new Nichia CS, several use the Seoul Semi 5mm. But you'll notice that the packaging for the X5 doesn't refer to a specific brand of LED. LED technology is moving SO fast that it's a coin toss with respect to which mfgr will move ahead at any given moment. Cree X-lamp? Seoul? Nichia CS? Osram Golden Dragon? Luxeon K2?

My advice is that you buy lights based on reviews, performance, features, reputation and warranty.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
steve_vance said:
because they want to reserve the right to use a better LED if one comes along; packaging is made up in advance 10,000+ at a time, and if you name a brand of LEd on your package, if you change LED brands you have to discard or modify all the packaging you have already. Example: Inova now uses a 5mm LED from Seoul semiconductor in some of their products, for some applications they are equal to or superior to Nichia. Although most of the Inova 5mm products use the new Nichia CS, several use the Seoul Semi 5mm. But you'll notice that the packaging for the X5 doesn't refer to a specific brand of LED. LED technology is moving SO fast that it's a coin toss with respect to which mfgr will move ahead at any given moment. Cree X-lamp? Seoul? Nichia CS? Osram Golden Dragon? Luxeon K2?

My advice is that you buy lights based on reviews, performance, features, reputation and warranty.

Amazing explanation, something like that is what it was hoping, thank you very much for your good help. That is right, i always check reviews before i buy a flashlight, more if the flashlight is expence... Do you know were can i find; Cree X-lamp, Seoul, Nichia CS, Osram Golden Dragon, I know somebody here in the forum how is offering K2, but i dont know, i have to wait some time, he dont have in stock yet... Thanks again...