Sell or Keep ARC LSH-P & AAA's ???

FlashlightPhreak

Enlightened
In "light" of the great new really bright and good Luxeon bin colored LED lights (Fenix, Nuwai, Surefire.....) are most people keeping or selling their ARC lites??? I never use my LSH-P anymore (even the Q3 blows away the LSH-P on a R123 batt..not to mention the P1), and with the LOP (despite its short runtime) hardly ever use my ARC AAA's as well.

I don't dispute the great quality of ARC and Peter's genius and trail blazing history of setting the way for LEDs orginially.....

Last edited:

mosport

Enlightened
My advice would be to keep your LSH-P and update it with a FLuPIC board, U or T bin emitter underneath a nice reflector. It'll allow you to use R123's and give you multiple brightness settings, for a bit more than the price of a Q3 and roughly the same price as a P1.

As for AAA lights, the ARC may not be the brightest but it's the best combination of runtime, brightness, size, quality and customer service - warranty IMHO.

Click the signature link below for details of my ARC LS install, feel free to PM me if you'd like any tips.

Derek

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm keeping both my Arc LSH lights. One was purchased as a factory "perfect" Standard, the other was a factory "second".

I've opened the "second" and replaced the emitter with a slightly better bin, and used a Fraen optic. So, it's now my homebrew LSHP-F. The other will remain as it came from the factory, unless something in it breaks.

Although I still carry them on a regular basis, I also think of them as a little bit of flashlight history. To me, they are collectibles in a sense. I've also got a small collection of Kroll tailpacks, twisties, and a 2AA tailpack.

If you're asking me, I'd tell you to keep yours. Unless you want to sell them to me cheap. :)

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always upgrade the lux on the LSH-P to an R lux 1 or T lux III and/or boost the drive to the LED a little. A reflector upgrade is also good. The Arc's are built like tanks and you'll get plenty more mileage out of yours so I'd say keep them. All the ones I modified are still alive and kicking strong.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I have an LSL-P on EDC rotation, and a *mint* LSH-S. I opened the baggie once to turn it on/off, take the batt out, and put it away. It's my only true "shelf queen". I've thought about either selling the LSH, but I'm attached to it, or modding the LSL-P, but it's already a "P", and I love the purplish tint :eek:

My ArcAAA's are all on our keychains. I recently started using a greenLED :D ArcAAA that tvodrd gave. I think my old one will get a micro FluPIC/SXOH transplant. :D

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. Sell them.(to me) They are old, outdated and no good.
sell them. sell them. sell them. If you sell them now,(to me) you may get $15-$20 for all of them.

:naughty:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
FlashlightPhreak or anyone who isn't sure what to do with their LSH-P, I'd like to buy it off you! I'm looking for a nice, completely stock LSH-P with CR123 body and clicky to keep and admire -must be in mint condition though...

I'm not sure what the market rate is for a perfectly preserved model, but I'll pay $100 minimum.