Your a Flashlight Nerd when.....

frisco

Enlightened
Tonight I was invited to dinner with some friends.... Good food... Good company !!!!

I declined..... I elected to sit at home. watch TV and charge flashlight batteries "clean and lube threads"

I looked in the mirror and called myself a Nerd !!!!

frisco

CLHC

Flashaholic
"You're a Flashlight Nerd When. . ."

. . .You check out the same flashlight aisle (just in case you've missed something) at your local Fry's Electronics/Target/Sears/Walmart store as you did earlier in the day, and you make plans to do so tomorrow. :huh:

carrot

Flashaholic
Hi.

A hobby becomes an unhealthy obsession when you end up doing that over anything else. I was starting to lean that way and then I realized what I was doing. Go out with your friends next time. You'll be glad you did.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
You explain the difference between a KL1 and a KL4 to your girlfriend and all she understands is that they are shiny

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's any consolation, I got a box from BatteryStation today. I had quite a few small projects lined up for today but they all got pushed to the end of the line. There were three different types of cells in the box from BS and putting them away involved an inventory, labeling and sorting before I could move on. It actually took a pretty big chunk out of my afternoon. Oh, I forgot, there was a light in the box too (a spare).

It had to be done, right? Right? There's a lot of that flashlight nerd stuff going around.

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
frisco said:
Tonight I was invited to dinner with some friends....I declined...
Shoulda gone and bought some flashlights. Use it to read the menu. Let them play with it (them). Enjoy both...or else they won't invite you to dinner again in which case, problem solved....

I found the 1AA Fenixes work well for this....:grin2:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually take my Flashlights with me when I get invited to dinner,
as I don't get home until dark, good time to light up

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
nakahoshi said:
You explain the difference between a KL1 and a KL4 to your girlfriend and all she understands is that they are shiny

Either that or your obsession of your hobby takes you to the point where you dont have one.