smallest and most portable keychain green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinesis

Banned
The title says it all... Anyone know a choice vendor?
I saw a good model on this forum but I can't find it.

paulr

Flashaholic
Hi, Kinesis, welcome. There's lots of 5mm green led lights. They are small enough to be very convenient on your keychain. KevinL sells some even smaller 3mm ones but IMO those are TOO small. Unless you want tiny just for the sake of tiny, I'd go for a 5mm model.

I think KevinL's keychain lights have only white or red leds, but the leds are easy to replace. lsdiodes.com sells leds in different colors and sizes.

If you don't mind ordering from overseas, Dae sells some nice "Fauxtons" (Photon clones) in different LED colors: link. You have to buy ten of them but they're not expensive (85 cents each). I'm not sure if all 10 have to be the same color.

Countycomm.com also has some with green leds but I don't like their design quite as much.

kinesis

Banned
laser not led - im going to a party w/ metal detectors and security and I think if I bring a pointer they wont let me in with it... so I want a fine tuned 4.5-5.0mW non-pulsed keylaser for the best price. ebay has great ones but i was wondering if theres a better place

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh heh! I just noticed this was the laser forum. Hee hee, sorry.

CLHC

Flashaholic
kinesis said:
im going to a party w/ metal detectors and security and I think if I bring a pointer they wont let me in with it

If you're going to a party whereupon they screen people and there's security, wouldn't one having a laser be considered "contraband?" Hence, maybe, prohibited/unlawful for that party?

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
i tried to smuggle a greenie to a dave matthews concert last summer! i got caught, then the security guards bought everyone over to check out my pointer! they did not confiscate it, cause i said i was going to walk the mile or so to put it in my car! of course i missed the opening act (black eyed peas). also had to put my camera away! but i can tell those guards wanted to take my pointer! so becareful! not sure if they could but there were plenty of cops around, they could've called them over!not sure if they are legal in public!

kinesis

Banned
thats too bad i cant use a <5mw in public any more i thought they were legal...

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
kinesis said:
thats too bad i cant use a <5mw in public any more i thought they were legal...

i think if you are a teacher or a professor, you probably can say i was using this in my classroom, or school trip! and you was using it to point at a screen or a museum piece, and now you are on your way home, or you forgot to put it back in your desk on your way out!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Discussion about circumventing regulations or attempts in this direction aren't permitted.
Closed.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.