Are you married?

• yes

Votes: 81 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 60 42.6%

• Total voters

Orbit

Enlightened
No, don't intend to ever be so. For me the religious associations are too ingrained. Which doesn't sit well with me.ORB

justjim

Newly Enlightened
yup. got hitched when i was 21. that was 29 years ago. beautiful wife, 3 great kids. same predicament as bill, i got better than i deserved.

-jim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ditto on the positive comments, in a few days it will be 27 years with 2 GREAT sons!! Wouldn't change a thing about it! :thumbsup:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Happily married since '92.
Orbit, despite what many will tell you, marriage can be independent of religion. I speak from personal experience. We're as deeply in love an commited -for the rest of our lives- as a couple who went through a religious ritual to get "married".

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, 27 years happily with 3 kids. Just took the "Queen Mary Ghost Tour" for our 27th wedding anniversary. It's done late at night in the dark bowels of the ship's "haunted areas" and meant for flashlights only - with a psychic guide and a couple of security guards. They issued flashlights, but of course, we bought my own. More on that some other time.

Orbit

Enlightened
GreenLED,
Well the same goes for me, ie, as deeply inlove and commited as any (probably more so then average) couple who went though a religious ceremony.
Though it still remains that i see anything that uses the title "marriage" as religious. I"m not canning "religion", its just marriage is not for me. (or for that matter any religiously based binding)
If you'd like to know why, it's probably best we take it underground, as this might not be the place?

ORB>

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Will be married a year this August 6th:) We have one daughter who is 2 and a half. Our first year of marriage has been great but we've gone through alot more than what we had in mind.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not yet but plan to. We don't plan to have children though. Anybody think this is a good or bad idea?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Billson said:
Not yet but plan to. We don't plan to have children though. Anybody think this is a good or bad idea?
Up to you to "some extent" - I believe in a "Master Plan" and if you're "meant to have or not have" children may not be "totally" your choice?!

We've got 2 growing teenaged sons (19/17) and they're a priceless gift from that "Master Plan" - as I said above, I wouldn't change a thing and I'm so very thankful!

It certainly takes alot of skills & work to stay married...patience, communication, willingness to work things out, and ohhhh so many more. It's all worth it though for us!!!