Fenix L1T & L2T owners survey - 3W LED tint

InfidelCastro

Banned
My L2T has the slight purple tint that others have noted. I'm wondering how many others have the slight purple tint in theirs. And how many have no tint, or maybe some other tint, like green?

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't have a LxT, but I've got a P1, and I imagine they're grabbing the Luxeon IIIs from the same pile. Mine has a very cool white tint. Not quite blue (unless I shine a WO next to it). If I had to guess, I'd guess it's a YA tint, if only because it's still cooler than my TYOJ McLux PD, but it could just as easily be YO tint. It doesn't have any purple to my eyes. I have a vague notion that if I had any green tinted LEDs it might look purple in comparison.

Anyway, it's a cool blue.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L1T arrived today,

Perfect white tint XO/WO like.

I just love the 2 stage function.
Much better than the old mod the tailcap trick.

Very pleased,
Benny

jwl

Enlightened
My L1T also leans towards the green scale. Not too noticable, unless you shine a WO next to it.

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
My L2T is very white. My Super 1Watt 123 is the whitest light I have, and the L2T compares very favorably. When side by side, the L2T seems to be a tiny bit towards grey-not really blue as with most other lights, but hardly noticeable unless really looking for it. Almost like comparing Brilliant White to Antique White.