New U2 - Absolutely Beautiful

Protaeus

Enlightened
Hey guys,
after some dramas from trading a U2, I managed to buy another one off another CPF member. I finally got it today and I am absolutely astonished at how beautiful this light is both aesthetically and output wise. I can confidently say that it was worth every cent I paid. Beautiful white tint at all levels, best tailcap I've ever felt, perfectly matched anodizing and no sleeve.

Others who dont live in the US should consider buying one of a CPF member in the BST section. You wont regret it!

After playing around with my first serious light, an E2L, I didnt expect the U2 to be all that much brighter. I know it is a 5watter and not a 3watt, but I could never have imagined the vast difference in output. This light just reeks with quality. I am so happy with it. Now I just want to get the other U2 which is somewhere between here and the US :)

I might get some shots up later :)

Protaeus

Enlightened
I just had a shine at the back fence of my house (15m) and it lights it up clearly on high. There is a distinct circle, so no wall of light like the L2 or L4. I'll post some pics when I get the chance to.

Also, no dust under the lense :)

faco

Enlightened
Glad you are happy Protaeus, I am very happy with my U2 as well and also think it's worth every cent, especially when you get one with no problems at all. Enjoy it

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small thing Proteus: You should edit/remove this from the cheers and jeers section section since it seems the issue has been resolved between you and the postal service/shipper. EDIT: My mistake: se post below.

Congratulations on your new light, I've got a perfect U2 as well and it is the best mid sized light I've seen or handeled! Enjoy!

PS! Remember the 18650s if you want cheaper lumens;)

Last edited:

Protaeus

Enlightened
Unfortunately, this is not the same U2 which I bought which is currently featuring in the cheers and jeers section. This U2 I bought off another CPF member last thursday and arrived by fedex today, as opposed to the U2 I bough 4 weeks ago which still has not arrived.

Since I had traded it for my A2, I was without an adequate EDC, which led me to buy this one with the intention of selling the other U2 when it arrived.