Newbie here with many questions...

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I discovered this site and have a mini mag that I would like to mod to led. There is SO much information here, that I thought it best just to ask my questions.

I went to the thread for complete dummies in modifying, and I like how the really bright led mods look.

My dream modified minimag would be the following:
1. Modified to use an led or 2 or 3
2. Tail cap dual mode on/off switch
3. Fully regulated
4. Uses standaard alkaline batteries and lasts as long as possible.

Now, a few more questions: who sales the parts I would need. What is the best mod for my required conditioins. I didn't like the look of the opalec drop in, it looked very dim compared to the others.

I can do the work myself if I have good directions to follow. I can solder.

Also, once modified, will it still be controllable from spot to flood by turning the head?

These questions should get me started.

TIA,

Viper

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viper, firstly and most importantly, welcome to CPF! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

You've posted in the Custom Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forums. You should probably have posted in Home Made and Modified. If you click on the exclamation mark on the top right of your post you can ask a moderator to move your post to the correct forum.

Please share the results of your first mod with us!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Indeed welcome aboard...lots of reading available around these halls! Enjoy, please take a look at the CPF Rules & Policies (link above) to get an idea how we like to do things.

Enjoy for sure!

I'll move your post to the Homemade & Modified Forum...